• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro seat -VERY HARD!

I heard that there was a difference in comfort but I am not sure. That is why I opted for an Apex seat when doing the swap, just in case. (plus I like the design of the colored insert better) I wouldn't want anything with firmer foam for the long rides.

I logged about 1200 miles on my RX-1 with Nytro ('06) model seat. I found it to be perfect for me. Now, I find the seat on my Attak GT too soft, and will probably be swapping it with the Nytro seat on my RX-1 - which is for sale.

Friske Nytro said:
I bought my Nytro late in the season last year and had a very sore tailbone after the first 800 miles in 3 days of riding. This year I noticed no such problem when riding. I figured the foam must have shaped or softened some. Love the ride and the take off. My mileage blew away a SkiDoo rider on one ride we did. He couldn't believe the difference. I put the taller windshield on the past fall and had the handwarmer update done. Really made a difference and had no cold hands this winter. Actually kept the handwarmers on very low when they were needed.

Did you have any problem putting the throttle back on? When I did the update, I was unable to get the throttle assembly tight on the bars. Screws tightened all the way, but assembly still turns. The gass mileage is pretty awesome. I got a consistent 19mpg with the Nytro after 5 years of getting 11mpg on my Viper!

Did about 4200km this winter, very happy with the sled , the seat is fine by me but I do like a firm seat, very happy with fuel millage , only issue I had was with hyfax wear and the slp wear pads took care of that, will be stretching to 136 over the summer and will deffinetly go fully clipped, can't decide between 1.25 or 1.5 lugs but leaning towards 1.5.
coyotekid; Had the same problem when reinstalling the throttle asy, I've put on some 3M 2way tape around the area and snugged it up and will now only move slightly if you really force it witch gives it adjustabilaty, hope this helps :Rockon:

The 1.5 may not help with your slide wear though.

I used the fix wheels and they stopped my slide wear.

coyotekid said:
Friske Nytro said:
I bought my Nytro late in the season last year and had a very sore tailbone after the first 800 miles in 3 days of riding. This year I noticed no such problem when riding. I figured the foam must have shaped or softened some. Love the ride and the take off. My mileage blew away a SkiDoo rider on one ride we did. He couldn't believe the difference. I put the taller windshield on the past fall and had the handwarmer update done. Really made a difference and had no cold hands this winter. Actually kept the handwarmers on very low when they were needed.

Did you have any problem putting the throttle back on? When I did the update, I was unable to get the throttle assembly tight on the bars. Screws tightened all the way, but assembly still turns. The gass mileage is pretty awesome. I got a consistent 19mpg with the Nytro after 5 years of getting 11mpg on my Viper!

Actually I had my dealer do it for me. They paid for it and installed it because they thought it was wrong that Yamaha didn't cover it themselves in the first place. I have a good dealer I guess!

Back