• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Seating Position vs. Apex

tapp1

Expert
How different is the Nytro seating position vs. the Apex? I have ridden the Apex and enjoyed it alot-However the deal is on the Nytro. I will be coming off a 02 MXZ 500.

shouldnt be too much different at all i love my nytro the way it sits they are the same seat tank shroud might be different im not sure

You sit alot higher on the Nytro alot smaller of a gas tank I came off of a nytro onto a Apex i love the apex seating a bit more, the whole sled feels different I feel much better after a days worth of riding for some odd reason. The only thing is im 6ft tall and the bars a bit short for standing up. the nytro i could stand up comfy.

I find that you sit a little to far back on the nytro, I am currently trying to get my hands on a riderforward conversion kit to bring the steering column forward. But thats just me, I imagine it would feel close to your MXZ. As for the differences between the two, he apex is on a new chassis (deltabox II) and the bars are 6" forward and 2" up from the Nytro (deltabox).

Brian

I rode a 2002 MXZ 500 last week. The apex and nytro verses the mxz seating position is worlds apart. The MXZ feels like your knees are above your head, while the apex/nytro feel like you sit on top of the sled. Best way I could describe it.

The distance from the centerline of the ski spindle to the bottom of the footrest is the same between the DBI (nytro) and DBII (Apex,08 Vector)
The difference is where the steering shaft is located...which is 5"-6" forward on the DBII.

Back