• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro skid on Rx1

You will want to do some measurments before doing this. We put an AC skid in a Nytro the other day and the offset was about 2" different than the RX. Ex. On my RX-1 the same skid was set back 1". Had to go back 3" on the Nytro to fit the same skid and track. So you might not fit a 153" track in the RX if you put the 153" skid in unless you move the skid forward.
Don't about the width measurements but when we measured they seemed to be pretty close if not exactly the same.
I would think you would want to measure the center to center between the front and rear mounts just to make sure they are the same. Otherwise you will need to make adjustments for that also.
Just my .02.
J.

What track did you have on the Rx ? If you had a 151 on the Rx and 153 on the Nytro I can see why the skid was 2 " back. I was plannig to use the 151 with the Nytro skid.

sledhead_dan said:
What track did you have on the Rx ? If you had a 151 on the Rx and 153 on the Nytro I can see why the skid was 2 " back. I was plannig to use the 151 with the Nytro skid.

I had a 162" track on a 151" AC skid but that's not the point.

Point being I took the exact same track and skid from my RX and put it under the Nytro. I had the 151" skid set back 1" from the stock location on the RX to make the 162" track fit perfectly. On the Nytro we had to set the 151" skid 3" back from the stock location to fit the same 162" track.

Hope that clears things up.

Good luck with the install,

J.

The modification that I did this year was to put an apex tunnel and skid on my o4 rx. Other than a lot of rivets it was a piece of cake. The apex skid and the nytro skid are identical except for the rails. Now Im not sure the front to back mounting points are the same, but the actual suspension parts all cross reference. I found a takeoff tunnel for $150+shipping and a used skid for $300 shipped. What an improvement over the 04 skid and the best part was that all the rivet holes lined up and the skid just bolted right in no figuring required....simple.

Jack

Thanks for the info guys. I think I am going to grab the nytro skid and install. Tipped up rails should be nice on trails and will save a few lbs. ;)!

sledhead_dan said:
Thanks for the info guys. I think I am going to grab the nytro skid and install. Tipped up rails should be nice on trails and will save a few lbs. ;)!

The Nytro skid will work great but you may need to put the Apex rear springs on. The Nytro springs are only 1100 KG and will be too soft for the weight of the RX. Apex's are 1500 kg.

here's my 04 rx1 shorty that I put a FX Nytro MTX skid in worked perfect. just had to make sure mounting points were correct.

Attachments

• P1000494.jpg
    P1000494.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 246
doo_man did you use stock holes or make new for the nytro skid, if yes where from stock are they ? looks like a s/c oil tank , how do you like the super ?? I'm having grief with throttle not going back to idle, (3rd cable ) goes to stutter mode or sticks open. :o| Also noticed @ 5lbs boost 15 psi fuel , 10lbs boost 18 to 20psi fuel. is that normal 5.5 psi at idle. Mpi will not return my email or posts

I don't have the sled anymore, but I had a Apex tunnel close by to use as a template. But I think it was approx 6" back from the front mount. No gauges as well, but ran strong and was a blast to ride! I used stock Apex Mtn rear brackets too, and they are contoured to fit rear muffler bracket so it was easy to set up!

Installing a 153" Nitro track on a Rx1 Mtn Suspension

Anyone familiar with a kit that will allow me to put a Nitro track on a 2003 Rx1 mountian stock suspension? I know the drive sprockets have to be a different pitch but I'm quite sure my rear track adjustment bolts will componsate for the extra 2" length. Any ideas what else I will need or has anyone done this? Thanks.

Attachments

• Chick Rx1.jpg
    Chick Rx1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Chick Rx1.jpg
    Chick Rx1.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 308
Offset axle kit? Thanks alot, never even heard of those. Any idea where to buy them from? And for the record, if anyone else is attempting this change out, I've just learned that I do indeed have to change my Rx-1 Drive Sprockets to Nitro Sprockets......it's a difference from having 9 teeth to 7.

My Yamaha dealer in Peace River told me about them. I bought a 08 nitro susp. with a big wheel offset axle kit on snowest. Installed the 153 susp in my rx1 , rotated the axle forward to run the 151 track in the 153 susp. If I rotate it back I should be able to run a 156 ;)!

Well I thought my problems were going to be solved with Nitro Drive Sprockets installed on my Rx1 but now I am waiting to hear back from the dealer because apparently Yamaha changes the're Hex Shaft sizes from time to time and 2008 Nitro Sprockets may be 1" 7/8 in the centre. I'm willing to bet my next question for the dealer is going to be "will a Nitro shaft fit my 03 Rx1?" either way, so far putting a 153" Nitro Track on an Rx1 isn't simple by any means and may not be possible.

Back