• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro suspension blocks

40th RTX

Has anyone used suspension blocks on the Nytro? Hauck Powersports has them on thier website and I called and spoke with a service advisor. He claimed that the blocks go on the rails in place of the stock ones. They are thicker and don't allow the full amout of weight transfer during acceleration and keep more pressure on the skis. They are rectangle shaped and have 4 settings. The stock ones do not adjust. This makes sense to me as I have been looking for something to help keep some ski pressure during acceleration. Even minor throttle after coming out of a corner causes the Nytro to turn poorly, pushing through the end of the turn. He also said that with the blocks installed the rear suspension can be lightened some and this will give a softer ride without reducing ski pressure. If onyone has any input on this, I would appreciate it.

adjustable transfer blocks is what you're talking about. I have a set from ulmer racing and they do exactly what hauck says. 4 different settings, the first is stock, the second is a little thicker and the third and 4th are quite a bit thicker. I've never used the 4th setting but the 3rd setting is a huge improvement in cornering and ski lift. You would like them for sure, I recommend them.

Go to your Polaris dealer and order a set out of a 06 Fusion, they work great and you will spend about $40 on them plus bolts. I swiped a set out of my Fusion to try them and didn't take them back out they made a HUGE difference. They are 4 side adjustable as well and the thin side is almost identical to the stock stop on my RTX

Adjustable coupler blocks do help, I usually run 1/8" or 1/4" less gap than stock on my 08. Helps transform the sled into something more worthy of everyday trail riding. A rear shock revalve makes a huge difference also, for the better. It still hooks up amazing despite these mods, yet corners soooo much better.

Closing up that gap a little, as compared to the stock blocks, allows the sled to couple up sooner, helping not just in the corners, but also in choppy conditions to help prevent bottoming. If it seems like it's riding stiffer when you do that, you can back off on your torsion spring adjusters a little. Often, you can turn just one side down one click, and make enough difference to be very noticable....

Adjustable blocks should be step one when the sled is brought home, and the Poo blocks work as good as anyones. Betting some suppliers are selling them with their own name on them....

Thank you so much for the responses. If I do try the ones from a Polaris Fusion, do they fit without modification? Also, if I try Ski Doo ones, do I need a certain one?

I found a set off an 02' polaris. They went on easily. They close the gap about 1/4" to 1/2". I am going to try it out on Monday in Douglas and Bayfield Counties. I hope it is better. ;)!

I used some Polaris ones I had laying around for a short while on my sled but it made it ride stiff through the little stuff so I removed them. I guess it depends on what you are looking for as far as handling and performance.

I am hoping that if it is to stiff, I can soften up the rear spring setting and put it on the lowest setting. I currently have it on Medium. I just really want to be able to turn while riding aggressively.

Back