• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro turbo with the crank case/oil resivour vent

Jacob Sawchuk

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Nytro XTX
So im having trouble with the crank case and oil tank vent line with the filter. Everytime i try to carve i get oil leakin out of the filter and i ovbiously dont want that. Just wondering if you guys can helo me out to solve this issue hoping to get this done asap as im going to be heading to west yellowstone end of the month. Thx guys all help appreciated

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

So im having trouble with the crank case and oil tank vent line with the filter. Everytime i try to carve i get oil leakin out of the filter and i ovbiously dont want that. Just wondering if you guys can helo me out to solve this issue hoping to get this done asap as im going to be heading to west yellowstone end of the month. Thx guys all help appreciated

Whos turbo? Have you contacted them? I know the Viper Turbos MPI created a bypass kit to redirect the oil back into the case. Not sure if that will work for you. Also I know the vents usually have to be routed way high up into the bars in order to keep them high enough to stop the oil from coming out.

Whos turbo? Have you contacted them? I know the Viper Turbos MPI created a bypass kit to redirect the oil back into the case. Not sure if that will work for you. Also I know the vents usually have to be routed way high up into the bars in order to keep them high enough to stop the oil from coming out.
Ulmers kit. I have contacted him and he had said to just elevate it up higher as well but just wondering if say putting an s curve. As in from oil tank side to clutch side and back would help with oil just traveling to the filter immediately when carving or if doing something like this as other people have done with a plastic bottle then the t to the filter
719e1bbd7810e2b1f07afd3bb6a716ee.jpg

Ulmers kit. I have contacted him and he had said to just elevate it up higher as well but just wondering if say putting an s curve. As in from oil tank side to clutch side and back would help with oil just traveling to the filter immediately when carving or if doing something like this as other people have done with a plastic bottle then the t to the filter
719e1bbd7810e2b1f07afd3bb6a716ee.jpg

Thats not a bad idea!!

The bottle or the s curve or both. Just worried about the bottle melting when oil enters or due to hot air

It it was me, I would add a long hose with a filter in the end of it and run that sucker all the way to the bars and zip tie it up there. Super chargers have the same issue and thats how we have it.

It it was me, I would add a long hose with a filter in the end of it and run that sucker all the way to the bars and zip tie it up there. Super chargers have the same issue and thats how we have it.
And when u run it you run in a straight line to the bars or do you make a s curve like i mentioned earlier

And when u run it you run in a straight line to the bars or do you make a s curve like i mentioned earlier

curve will be fine, its more about getting the height and not have any low spots.

Last edited:
IMG_2406.JPG IMG_2405.JPG
IMG_2404.JPG
I had the same problem as you mine mainly would spew oil out at wide-open I tried the filter with a long hose try to catch can which worked OK but Oil would still come out the overflow tube so what I did was build a tank with baffles and plumbed the vent line midway into my new can and out the bottom I ran the line out it to my return for my turbo oil line which went into the mag cover as the pictures are. I later learned I had leaks in my plentum causing my PCV to overfuel washing out the cylinders therefore causing the excessive oil out the breather line now I have No oil coming out the vent tube life is good with that problem and on to the next which is a lean afr at wfo 13lbs boost

Last edited:
View attachment 134312 View attachment 134311 View attachment 134310 I had the same problem as you mine mainly would spew oil out at wide-open I tried the filter with a long hose try to catch can which worked OK but Oil would still come out the overflow tube so what I did was build a tank with baffles and plumbed the vent line midway into my new can and out the bottom I ran the line out it to my return for my turbo oil line which went into the mag cover as the pictures are. I later learned I had leaks in my plentum causing my PCV to overfuel washing out the cylinders therefore causing the excessive oil out the breather line now I have No oil coming out the vent tube life is good with that problem and on to the next which is a lean afr at wfo 13lbs boost
Oil coming out at just wot would mean you got boosted air coming through oil tank...... Not? If so not good. Iv only had oil come out when carving on oil tank side. 13lbs what psi fuel u running and what system could be lack of fuel on low elevation kit therfor may need to add another injector or bigger fuel pump

Oil coming out at just wot would mean you got boosted air coming through oil tank...... Not? If so not good. Iv only had oil come out when carving on oil tank side. 13lbs what psi fuel u running and what system could be lack of fuel on low elevation kit therfor may need to add another injector or bigger fuel pump

I guess I should've said the oil coming out my crank vent tube was when going up long very steep dunes at 5000ft to 6500ft
I run a 40/60 mix of 110 and 91 and a Walbro 225 in tank pump and the stock fuel reg
I've been looking at bigger injectors aftermarket regulators but not sure

I guess I should've said the oil coming out my crank vent tube was when going up long very steep dunes at 5000ft to 6500ft
I run a 40/60 mix of 110 and 91 and a Walbro 225 in tank pump and the stock fuel reg
I've been looking at bigger injectors aftermarket regulators but not sure
Regulator would possibly be your downfall. I got a automotive with a walbro external pump and the regulator is set to 45 psi so that whem the sled heats up its running 43 psi

Back