• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nytro vs xp

yep; those sleds seem all over the map as far as performance goes. I personally think a lot of the guys don,t have a clue how to adjust their clickers for best rpm,s. Best case scenario i have beaten one to about 80 mph(poor tuner) & on the other hand I got my azz handed to me huge!(dialed in) If your gonna race one pick on a guy that has his clickers on #6 & is revving 8600 rpm.

Turk, the clickers don't come on 6, they are 3 from the factory, but still overrev to 8300-8450 even on 3. Did you ever race them with the Attack.

Attak was gone by then but a bud of mine that bought Ulmers old grass drag sled (06 Apex rtx)reels em in hard on the big end! They really hit a wall at 100 mph.

Turk said:
yep; those sleds seem all over the map as far as performance goes. I personally think a lot of the guys don,t have a clue how to adjust their clickers for best rpm,s. Best case scenario i have beaten one to about 80 mph(poor tuner) & on the other hand I got my azz handed to me huge!(dialed in) If your gonna race one pick on a guy that has his clickers on #6 & is revving 8600 rpm.

LOL!!!! Yep, your right , these xp's in good tune haul! The guys I test with are racers and yep the difference between them and the stockers outta the box are huge! Either way I believe in 660 the xp is a favorite to win. My Nitro is one of the better ones I've seen this year so far and I have got a few wins over the xp but most the ones I lost were close ( but honestly there were a couple I REALLY got toasted though due to traction or sleeping) .

I have ran up against a stock one a few times they are very close until about 80-90ish then the xp takes me on top end by about 5mph.Mine is re-geared & a muffler on it, other wise it's stock. next week will be a different outcome once i get it back from the magician lol. :Rockon:

Yeah I raced one two or three times a few weeks ago. He SMOKED me! In all fairness though, mine was not picked then and we were on slushie ice. I seemed to give him a pretty good run (meaning I wasn't being embarrassed) until about 50mph then things started to change. We watched one race with 3 Apex, a few cats and 2 Machs and it was close between the Apex and the XP's but the Machs took all of them. Those things are crazy! All the Apex boys said that in a series of 5 races it is close either way. I wouldn't be suprised if picked the Nytro would be close out of the whole, but make no mistake: That XP 800 is FAST! On a side note though, my Nytro laid waste to my buddy's '05 800 rev... that is all that matters at our camp!

parkindale said:
I have ran up against a stock one a few times they are very close until about 80-90ish then the xp takes me on top end by about 5mph.Mine is re-geared & a muffler on it, other wise it's stock. next week will be a different outcome once i get it back from the magician lol. :Rockon:

And I'll be waiting to hear back from you too, so keep me updated ;)!

Lets try to remember that the Nytro is rated at 138 hp and the 800 XP is somewhere around 155 hp. It'll be hard to overcome that kind of hp, unless you find some special juice.

walshie said:
Yeah I raced one two or three times a few weeks ago. He SMOKED me! In all fairness though, mine was not picked then and we were on slushie ice. I seemed to give him a pretty good run (meaning I wasn't being embarrassed) until about 50mph then things started to change. We watched one race with 3 Apex, a few cats and 2 Machs and it was close between the Apex and the XP's but the Machs took all of them. Those things are crazy! All the Apex boys said that in a series of 5 races it is close either way. I wouldn't be suprised if picked the Nytro would be close out of the whole, but make no mistake: That XP 800 is FAST! On a side note though, my Nytro laid waste to my buddy's '05 800 rev... that is all that matters at our camp!

good report it nice to see people can still tell the truth ;)!

Thanks Scott... yeah there is no point in making up stories about it, I got beat fair and square. Even with picks I would imagine that it would only keep even(ish) until that 800 wound up. At that point the game is over. As someone already said, there is no way to make up for the 15-20 hp difference (without mods). Who cares though, I love the way my sled hooks up when you pound it out of a turn. I have had 2 800 revs and a 600 sdi and they are not nearly as responsive as this machine (Not to mention not having to deal with putting oil in it and what not). The Apex boys that we met up with all rode regularly with the XP and as I said before, they finish back and forth depending on the day. Long story short: Out of the box, no way the Nytro will be the 800 XP. Still I wouldn't trade my machine for one.

Back