• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Warmers

yamy07

Expert
Has anyone got a service manual that can tell me what the resistance is supposed to be for your handwarmers? Are they wired in series or parallel?
I've got a set of Apex update bars I'd like to try & see if they're any warmer.

There no better than my 05 Vector was. I rode at -10 on Friday night and my hands were cold. The warmers on my Phazer seem to work better.

was -5f friday and my hands never got cold so I would say my warmers work. I wear a thin leather glove inside a thin castle glove and in the past my hands have gotten cold on my other sleds. I tipped my deflectors down before I ever rode the sled.

As i have seen the handguards can not be set properly since the bars are to low. If I get them down to where they cover my hands they hit the "hood" when steering full... That may be why some have cold hands and some not?

Luckily I am going with a 2" extra riser so that wont be an issue! :Rockon:

mine just hit but I never turn that sharp anyway. Next step for me is a mid height smoked windshield and am think about the bottom deflectors also.

The taller windshields are not as ugly as i first thought they were going to bee.. If getting a high shield the deflectors are almost a must...

The spec is the same as the apex - 2.24 ohms max at 68 degrees F. They are wired in parallel. Hope this helps. Put the apex bars on if the resistance is 2.24 max and you should have good heat at running speeds. If anymore than the 2.24 the heating elements have damage from having the grip slid over the top of it.

Mine read 7.2 ohms per side, but I thought I read somewhere that others were seeing 2-3 ohms ? Can someone please give the exact spec for the FX Nytro handwarmers ? Also, are these specs at running temperature, or cold ? Thanks !

My Apex bars read 4.2 when plugged in Parallel with Yamy update harness. I checked one individually & it was like 7.? something - I don't remember exactly.
So, you're saying they should be 2.24? Is this for Apex, Nytro or both.

Took mine to dealer, read about 3 ohms (not working properly). Yamaha said it should be between 6 and 7 ohms. Action - replace handwarmers. 2008 FX Nytro

2002 viper said:
So it is a hit or miss? Some of them are hott and some just are not hott?

I really wish I knew ! All I know is mine are not up to snuff, and after trying my neighbours RTX yesterday, I now know what they're supposed to feel like. I ride MUCH more agressively than he does too, so the rpm thing is no excuse in this case.

Does anyone else have any suggestions for me to check on the sled ? I'm over 120 kms each way from my nearest dealer, so if I can check something or even fix it here myself, it would save me a lot of money, time, and downtime as well. I'd appreciate the feedback and ideas !

This seems so weird that some are hot & some aren't. Mine are always set as high as they go, and are lukewarm on a 20 degree day.

Psychosledder - I'm interested to see if you see any improvement with new bars. In reading thru all the pages on Apex warmers - it's seems that you would pull more current(and heat) with lower resistance. So your's with 3 ohms should have been hotter than ones with 7ohms - at least in theory.
Quote:
The 06' grips are ~2.2 Ohms each and wired in series. This means that there is 4.4 Ohms resistance in the circuit. Assuming 12.0 volts D.C. heres the math.

06' (Stock in Series)
Watts= Volts ^2 / Resistance, = 12.0^2 / 4.4 Ohms = 32.7 Watts Total.
Amperage= Watts / Volts, = 32.7W / 12.0 V = 2.73 Amps.

06' (Stock in Parallel)
R(parrallel)= (R1XR2)/(R1+R2), = (2.2X2.2)/(2.2+2.2),= 4.84/4.4= 1.10 Ohms.
Watts= Volts^2 / Resistance, = 12.0^2 / 1.10 Ohms = 130.9 Watts Total.
Amperage= Watts / Volts, = 130.9 W / 12.0 V = 10.9 Amps

07' (Stock Parallel)
R=(R1XR2)/(R1+R2), = (6.8X6.8)/(6.8+6.8),= 46.24/13.6=3.4 Ohms.
Watts= Volts^2 / Resistance, = 12.0^2 / 3.4 Ohms = 42.35 Watts.
Amperage= Watts / Volts, = 42.35 W / 12.0 V = 3.53 Amps.

Back