• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowtrackers Nytro XTX - Partial Review

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX - 144
09 Nytro XTX, Slydog trail skis, 6 inch shaper bars - significant darting.

Got new ski spindle bushings and installed Snowtrackers last week and went for a ride yesterday - NO DARTING AT ALL!!! Could go 50-60mph and hold the handlebars with one hand. I did follow the ST's instructions for the set up - take away all front spring preload and tighten up the center shock., and set the toe to 0. What a royal pain in the #*$&@ to get to the inner lock nuts on the steering arm, wow. Took hours to align the skis - any tips for next time?

This setup definitely cured the darting but there was not enough bite in the skis. I will have to loosen up the centre spring some. The instructions say to tighten up the center spring at about 75% - whatever that means, I set it up to be close to the hard setting as found in the owners manual, but this was way too much.

Additionally they don't sell the STs for SlyDog skis, but the ones for c&a skis will work. Thanks to "DGZRT" here for the tips on installing these. (When drilling holes to fit the STs use as small a whole as you can, so you don't break the keel in half)

Disclaimer - My toe previously was way out of wack, the new bushings didn't seem to help that much, still some left to right play in the skis, and the old shapers have seen better days. So perhaps if i remedied these things the darting would have been much better, but as it stands the st's are a 10/10!

Good to hear.

09 Nytro XTX, Slydog trail skis, 6 inch shaper bars - significant darting.

Got new ski spindle bushings and installed Snowtrackers last week and went for a ride yesterday - NO DARTING AT ALL!!! Could go 50-60mph and hold the handlebars with one hand. I did follow the ST's instructions for the set up - take away all front spring preload and tighten up the center shock., and set the toe to 0. What a royal pain in the #*$&@ to get to the inner lock nuts on the steering arm, wow. Took hours to align the skis - any tips for next time?

This setup definitely cured the darting but there was not enough bite in the skis. I will have to loosen up the centre spring some. The instructions say to tighten up the center spring at about 75% - whatever that means, I set it up to be close to the hard setting as found in the owners manual, but this was way too much.

Additionally they don't sell the STs for SlyDog skis, but the ones for c&a skis will work. Thanks to "DGZRT" here for the tips on installing these. (When drilling holes to fit the STs use as small a whole as you can, so you don't break the keel in half)

Disclaimer - My toe previously was way out of wack, the new bushings didn't seem to help that much, still some left to right play in the skis, and the old shapers have seen better days. So perhaps if i remedied these things the darting would have been much better, but as it stands the st's are a 10/10!

Open End Crows foot wrench. You don't use them often but when you need them, it will make your day. Just get a cheap set, you aren't going to put any real pressure on them most of the time when that crows foot is needed. To do the alignment I use a 10ft 2x4 and lay it next to the track (make sure track is aligned) and measure off of that. Between having a solid reference line to measure from and some tension on the ski loops (bunjee) it was easy other than getting at those inner lock nuts.

Having toe out will make darting worse no matter the bars in use. Slop in the steering doesn't help but its very hard to get it all out of older sleds. I spent hours trying to get the attak tight again and just settled for 'less' play than it had. Definitely rides like its on rails.

Last edited:

Back