• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nytro ,whitch one

red800rev

Ok guys this is my first post I am coming off a 800r xpx I am going to order a nytro on monday my question is the rtxse or xtx I ride trail most of the time in vermont in bumpford and old forge I think I will be very happy with the nytro Thanks Joe

Hey Red,

Saw you over on Dootalk.

Good luck getting a concensus on that question! It sounds like a number of guys are going with the SE, lot's of nice extras for not a lot of extra $$. I think I'd go with the SE, but the XTX with it's extra capabilities really makes it a head scratcher!!

I rode them both in Old Forge. I ordered the XTX. The Rtx stills feels a little stiff to me and Im not a ditch banger anyway. I thought about the shock package on the rtx se but in the end why do I need those shocks?

Which One

Hey yox185,

I am too considering an XTX and although I trail ride mostly I still do a little ditch banging and off trail riding. On your test ride even though you are not a ditch banger do you think the XTX can still handle the ditch?

Re: Which One

backstop said:
Ok guy's since no reply from Yox 185 can anyone else answer how the XTX would handle some ditch banging?

Fantastically (is that a word??)

Ditches: XTX better than FX not as good as SE. I thought MXZXPX800r handling very simular to 2007 Attack GT. For me doo MXZXXP shocking not extreme. Does the job over wide band of conditions & appeals to the masses. SE is an extreme sled can't wait for the snomo mags to ride & compare to WHAT I'm not sure. Poo 600r gone. Doo just has XPX. I wonder if the Mag riders can handle all the SE offers as these guys are getting on in years & complained when doo offered the MXZ X 800 way back in 2001 or 02. Now my Attack GT has more extreme set up than old X package. It will be interesting to see where they position SE. Also MN mags never fair to Yamaha over home snomo OEMs anyway.

if your not a huge air it out jumper get the XTX. you will be happier with the ride. keep in mind that the SE will be alot stiffer on the trail.

i talk to a dealer that rode all the nytro's and he said the se had so much adjustment that you can really soften the sled up for normal trail riding comfort.

I'm going with the SE myself.
- better shock package
- beefed up suspension arms
- reinforced rails
- due to limited build, maybe a better resale value?
- Also, no matter what Yammy says that the XTX handles likes a 121" short track, a real 121" will turn quicker.

Hey Backstop sorry it took so long for the response, busy. The answer is yes the XTX can handle a ditch. When I rode in Oldforge the trail was rough real rough, and since it wasnt mine I rode that sled as hard as I could over the bumps. The xtx sucked the bumps right up no problem and on the decent trails it was a lot move comfortable than the se. The long track feels very stable, great sled.

Grimm said:
- better shock package
- reinforced rails
- Also, no matter what Yammy says that the XTX handles likes a 121" short track, a real 121" will turn quicker.

Why would it not handle like a 121" if the track length that is on the ground is exactly the same as a 121"?

Which One

Thanks Yox 185 I appreciate you getting back on this & thanks to all for your responses. This will be my frist Yamaha and I say first because I think I have made my mind up. The only hurdle left is the tank size although I am hoping my dealer gets a bulk deal on the after market trail tank. He said if I buy through him he will include the install with the sled purchase. I read this forum pretty much everyday & I have certainly learned alot from you guys on this site. Thanks for all the feedback and keep up the great communication!

Yamaholic22 said:
Grimm said:
- better shock package
- reinforced rails

Why would it not handle like a 121" if the track length that is on the ground is exactly the same as a 121"?

It only starts to tip up at the 121" mark
if u were drivin on plywood (something flat, no give) it got the same track on the ground as a 121. But in snow it would sink in a bit. So even on groomed trail the lugs pass the 121 mark will still be in the snow so much.

Back