• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro XTX vs XP 800R Gade

SUMMITSPIKE said:
I have a 09 xtx and i beat a 09 800 xp x 3 for 3 times you can ask nitrousman he was the victom ..... i know its not the correct sled but ask nitoursman he will tell the truth 3 for 3............................

Ha, keep dreaming spanky you don't have a chance against anything I own.

SledFreak said:
TurboJamie said:
My next door neighbor has one our cottage is in Elk Lake. I have an 08 renegade and my other friend an 09 renegade. My renegade is ported etc so I am no contest and cannot commet on the 08. The 09 renegade makes quick work of the XTX however regardless of the conditions the extra hp of the 800r is just to much for the nytro to get away from. They are close to about 20 mph then its game over. In waist deep snow the renegade will break trail and climb taller hills without having to take multiple runs at the same track to get up them etc...

Speed wise give the 800R at least 7-10 MPH more up top.

I just don't see how this is possible, when on most accounts an XTX is 100-106mph (GPS) sled. I have not heard of to many XP 121" for matter that can barely hit 105mph (GPS) without some help. So with gearing of a gade being 2 teeth down from a 121 and having a 16" wide track, I just don't see this being 7-10mph more on top end for the gade. Either everysled on doo-talk is slow or you and your buddy have some really quick gades.
Some are good runners,i had the 08 xp shortie and on snow it consitantly ran 106-108 gps and on ice 113 gps,but i thought that was slow for ice,now i have a good friend who has a stock 08 gade his has seen 110 gps on snow/ice,so not all of them are slow.

Attachments

• 100_0744.JPG
    100_0744.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 56
There is a big variance on how they run. A few I can run with but mostly I lose. The ones that know how to tune for peak rpm,s are naturally strong runners. Most guys just ride em they way they come out of the box. If they get lucky & factory settings are good there gonna be fast.
1 or 2 turns on the primary clickers can yield big results.
I ride with 2 08,s & 2 09 800,s.
The 07/06,s are a lot slower.

Buddy of mine has an 09 Gade 800R, he has it geared down one tooth with a 1-3/4 track. I raced him with my shortie Nytro one night about a dozen times, all with the exact same result. He would pull me one or two sled lengths out of the hole, we would stay that way until he topped out then I would creep up and pass him. I would have done better on the bottom, but I had removed my rear coupling blocks that day so that I could stand my sled straight up in the power, where we had been playing earlier. The dealer he bought his sled at recommended that he not ride his Gade with dropping one tooth because it was a bit sluggish on the bottom when stock. He never rode it before putting the new gear in so I can't say from bone stock what the result would have been. It seems to me that he lost alot on the top end with just one tooth if I was able to pass him, but it was a monster on the hole shot. I know its not an XTX comparison but it gives you a bit of an idea.

Turk said:
There is a big variance on how they run. A few I can run with but mostly I lose. The ones that know how to tune for peak rpm,s are naturally strong runners. Most guys just ride em they way they come out of the box. If they get lucky & factory settings are good there gonna be fast.
1 or 2 turns on the primary clickers can yield big results.
I ride with 2 08,s & 2 09 800,s.
The 07/06,s are a lot slower.

See that's kind of what I'm banking on... A stocker XP 800R gade I think can be beat with a little setup, but it will all depend. I know the XTX won't beat an 800R 121".

I just got to make sure I'm setup better then they are..

Turk, what about a 600 Etec?

SledFreak said:
OK, Lets just keep this real and I only want to hear from someone that has raced an 800R renegade against a Nytro XTX. I tried to search on doo-talk and all I get is someone that ran one against a regular Nytro, and mostly an 08. So you know what kind of response I got.... Not good, the usual Nytro sucks and gets killed after 70, bla, bla, bla...

Darenello asked it last year and I don't believe he really got the question asked when he asked for top speed numbers for a gade. But instead he got the usual Yamaha sucks and the XP800R 121" kills the Nytro on top. He never got the answer after 6 pages of posts.... The 800R gade is geared down 2 sizes from the 121, so it's top speed should be close or the same as an XTX? Anyone have any real world results...

I have an answer for you. My Buddy has a very good running Apex. He smokes my Nytro after 65MPH. He just freight Trains away from me. He also rides with a guy with a 800XP renegade. He destroys him the same way he destroys me. I haven't had a chance to ride with the guy with the Doo. but I know he wasn't happy when the Apex destroyed him!!!!

I already know about an Apex, since mine would beat an XP.

first...arent these motors like the apex's where they arent broke in making full power til like 1000-1500 miles?

and what about with the power adders....filters...fuel...header etc ????

I thought with this stuff sled could beat or hang right there til 90 or so with all the 600-800's ???

Those XPs are FASSSSST..

My buddy has a 09 800R with billet head, pipe,Y-pipe, studs etc etc.. And it halls the mail..

I can beat him out of the hole (with the transfer rod removed) but i hit a wall at 100mph and he pulls on my like he has nitros.. A good 5mph faster on top..

That sled can pull the skis at any speed and never lets them down

stopdropanroll said:
welterracer said:

That seems to be the case even when stock, I rode one when they first came out late winter at a dealer and thats all that thing wanted to do is pull the ski's, every blip of the throttle it was up in the air!

That sled is fun as hell..

welterracer said:
Those XPs are FASSSSST..

My buddy has a 09 800R with billet head, pipe,Y-pipe, studs etc etc.. And it halls the mail..

I can beat him out of the hole (with the transfer rod removed) but i hit a wall at 100mph and he pulls on my like he has nitros.. A good 5mph faster on top..

That's the funny thing about the XP, it can pull the skis all day long but still carve corners like its on rails. Any other sled I've owned it was always one or the other either it railed corners or wheelie all day long but never both without adjusting things.

skidooboy said:
really, if you want real world answers, all you can do is line em up and find out. ski

I have owned both and I have ran my brothers 09 800R gade. The ski doo is fast through the bottom end and beats me by a length or two but the XTX stays with him. I consider the nytro a 700 class sled. Now I have run a 07 crossfire 800 and we were dead even. Didnt matter on the situation but I was stronger through the mid range. On the top end for XTX or Gade, I am not sure. I raced my brother 800 but he dropped a tooth for 1.75 track so I take him around 80 mph and he follows me. Turk is right, set up and riders can make a sled slower or faster but my 08 800 Gade I owned was faster from 0 and up. I traded it on the XTX due to liking the shop more than riding with me :flag:

dirkdiggler said:
I have an answer for you. My Buddy has a very good running Apex. He smokes my Nytro after 65MPH. He just freight Trains away from me. He also rides with a guy with a 800XP renegade. He destroys him the same way he destroys me. I haven't had a chance to ride with the guy with the Doo. but I know he wasn't happy when the Apex destroyed him!!!!
Jason, they are talking about the waaaay faster XTX. You have the waaaay slooooooower Nytro :moon:

Back