• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro XTX - What skis??

Sno Cat

Expert
Put some saddle time in on a friend's XTX. It darts quite a bit. We adjusted the usual suspension settings but darting remained significant.
What aftermarket skis are recommended? He's rides trails at moderate paces, no / minimal off trail riding.
Thanx

Try turning the stock rubbers around. This will "shim" the skis and stop the darting, plus it's free.

yamis wont cut it. I have simmons but kind of wish I went with pilots, think the simmons are little tough on the arms at low speed twisties, I have pilots on a zr, but they are yellow, so not going on the xtx. I think you cant go wrong with pilots.

I've talked to others who seem to like the Triple Threats as well. They make Stage1, Stage2 & Stage3. What would be best for a trail rider who drives moderate / fast? What would be the recommended carbide to go w/these skis?
Thanx much!

sgilbert said:
yamis wont cut it. I have simmons but kind of wish I went with pilots, think the simmons are little tough on the arms at low speed twisties, I have pilots on a zr, but they are yellow, so not going on the xtx. I think you cant go wrong with pilots.

hehehe

Ive been tellin ya...the simmons are great...crank up your center shock spring...and down on the front springs...dial in some transfer too...mine are light comparitively

sj said:
sgilbert said:

hehehe

Ive been tellin ya...the simmons are great...crank up your center shock spring...and down on the front springs...dial in some transfer too...mine are light comparitively
I'm getting there, went up too much on center and need to lift front. on the stand now. been pretty happy, my buddies 09 shorty is stock. skis work good on that, better than they did on my apex and better than I expected, but would bet on xtx they would push

Put a set of semi-agressive snowtracker or cobra heads on your stock skis. They are just amazing!!!

sgilbert said:
sj said:
sgilbert said:

hehehe

I'm getting there, went up too much on center and need to lift front. on the stand now. been pretty happy, my buddies 09 shorty is stock. skis work good on that, better than they did on my apex and better than I expected, but would bet on xtx they would push

Nope, no pushing just awesome handling and no darting.
The slydogs also work well but dart a little bit.

C&A Extremes on my Apex and my son's Nytro. World of a difference, we both love them!!! Unfortunately they are pricey.....
;)!

Apex2006 said:
C&A Extremes on my Apex and my son's Nytro. World of a difference, we both love them!!! Unfortunately they are pricey.....
;)!

Agreed, C&A is the way to go. Agressive keel that does not dart. Did not have to shim at all. 6 inch carbides is perfect.

Back