• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NytroLow End hesitation "Not Excell's Fault"

dirkdiggler

Suspended
Every Nytro has the same issue. The problem is it is more pronouced with the Excell Muffler then it is with the stock Muffler. What is causing this to happen is the "NytroEBR System".

One thing you can do to make this mostly go away is put a PC111 Programmer on the sled and richen the Throttle pump Circuit

Also Don't ride the Nytro like a two Stroke. When wrap the Throttle like a two stroke It throws the EBR system out of wack causing the hesitation and in some cases a back fire.

I will attach a Document written by Yamaha on the "NytroEBR System" that better explains the system itself.

Attachments

• Thu Feb 26 2009 15-23-55.405.pdf
    144.6 KB · Views: 526

It may happen on all nytro's but I do not hear, or feal it on my stock nytro. My piped nytro I hear it and feel a slight hesitation. Not to ride it like a two stroke don't make any sense to me as I ride all my sleds the same way,just having fun...

yami ryder said:
It may happen on all nytro's but I do not hear, or feal it on my stock nytro. My piped nytro I hear it and feel a slight hesitation. Not to ride it like a two stroke don't make any sense to me as I ride all my sleds the same way,just having fun...

Regardless it's not caused by Excell. People need to stop saying it is.

Agreed, it is more pronounced with any aftermarket exhaust, i have the MBRP and you definately can hear it at times, it is not alll the time, but it is there....

I did the PCIII with the Excell map and it did less than nothing to help the problem. This is not an Excell problem though, both the stock ones we have do it the same as mine, however mines bad enough that it actually hesitates a bit and jumping off of drifts and things, the throttle isn't allways right there when you need it. I LOVE my pipe but yami should fix this hessitation for everyone. Thats not going to happen though.

I've seen this in my Grizzly 700, and My Apex. I believe it is a fuel/map/timing issue. It's in the ECU, which you won't get rid of without a new reflash. The after market exhaust just brings it out more..

Back