• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OFT relocate vs power madd pivot riser

ViperTurboPete

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Viper XTX LE MPI Turbo
2022 Expedition Extreme 850
I have a power madd pivot riser on my sled which came this way when I bought it used. After researching the hype of the OFT steering relocate and how the steering shaft is shifted upward a few degrees, does the pivot riser do the same sort of thing (by moving the handle bars forward?)

had a ROX pivot riser on my old nytro, installed an OFT relocate on my new nytro and love it! they are way different the relocate has much better steering and control over the pivot riser!

If you want to see/feel the difference, then try out Grizztracks diy steering relocation mod. It relocates the steering post about half that of the OFT Relocator. It'll give you an idea of the difference versus the riser. I did Grizztracks mod, and a week later, placed an order for the OFT, I liked it!

I have the OFT with the stock MTX riser. I ordered it the day after I rode a buddy's sled that had one on there compared to my stock MTX. That being said, I'd like to go about an inch taller and am looking at a pivot riser in the process. The OFT makes the steering so much more comfortable and puts the feeling of control of the sled back into a natural position. A pivot riser by itself won't do this.

x3 on both

I think one of the things that doesn't get talked about enough on the oft is the bushing setup. Losing the plastic bushings makes the steering so much tighter. A pivot riser won't change that. I have both and the pivot riser just isn't quite as nice I think.

OFT loses the bushings? Where can I see pics of this?

Don't procrastinate just relocate it is great! ;)!

So I've done the relocate, but am wondering about a pivot riser to move the bars forward to gain some leverage over the difficult steering effort required to navigate the sled. When I swap sleds while out riding with my buddies every other sled feels like grandma's Cadillac to steer. Doesn't seem to matter what I do with shock/suspension psi. Anybody experiment with adjusting pivot rider forward with a relocated column?

The Nytro's tough steering is the nature of the beast. You can ease some steering by increasing center shock preload, increasing transfer, etc., however you will lose some suspension performance.

You could look into getting an easier steering ski. Being that you have an MTX, you'd probably want a wider ski. Try a search on skis and read up on riders' reviews of them.

Go ahead, adjust your pivot rider forward, very easy and if you don't like it, adjust it back, experiment.

My Nytro RTX comes from the factory with a pivot riser...I had my bars put as far upright and forward as they could go....This season I put an XTX/MTX steering post on my sled ( no pivot...I bent my old post aswell ) and then added a OFT relocator with the RTX riser....the postion of the bars is almost identical but the OFT relocator is much better...it changes the sweep of the bars keeping them out of your lap, whereas the pivot rise doesn't....so having had both setups...I prefer the OFT relocator..it just puts the bars in the perfect postion and makes the stering so much nicer.

My buddy has one on his and i keep sitting on it and rode it around the yard and how i got to have one makes the steering so much better

Back