• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ohlins Electronic Shock Rebuild Frequency

Clicker stops clicking or many less clicks available is one way you tell.

You may see fluid as well. Also sled springs up instantaneously after being let go from a compressed position.

4,000 miles or so. Rebuild didn't work out so good. rebuilder had to do it again in less then a year. [no charge]

For an Ohlins brand shock my Apex shock would fail toomany times. A good way to gage a blown rear Ohlins is to verfy the function of rebound clicker. Simply lift the back bumper to make sure there is 0 sag in the suspention (unloaded shock)Go through the clicks and you should here solid or firmclicks as it's being turned, anything less your pressure is low. Another method to verify if shock is failing is the ride becomes very uncomfortable and tends to wan tot buck the rider of the sled in bigger bumps. Finally, one may see some residual oil on the body of the shock if oil leakage is an issue. So, if your noticing the quality of your ride has deteriorated I bet your shock is on it's way out.

ApexDriller said:
every 3000 miles just to be on the safe side, even though they say they are good for 4000
Unless you are rriding perfectly smooth trails I have yet to see the shock live past 2,000miles

Back