• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Oil Issue Help

LaShomb17

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Nytro MTX 163
I bought a Nytro MTX 163 a few weeks back. I took it for my first test ride and it lasted about 10 minutes before blowing the oil line on the right side of the engine. Fortunately got the sled back to the truck. Replaced the clamp and topped off the oil, I may have over filled it a tad. Either way, I took the sled to try it again and it lasted about 5 minutes before the oil level code 30 and 85 were thrown and the sled turned off. The sled barely had any oil on the snow underneath and not much in the covers but my dipstick is not showing any oil on it. Should I just add oil until it reads on the stick again? I can't figure out where the oil came out of, it has an MPI supercharger on it, could it have come out of that, it seemed to be coming out higher up on the engine

I refilled the reservoir with the proper amount of oil. I started the sled and after about 15 seconds watched oil being flung from the supercharger belt. The leak is behind the battery and oil reservoir and I don't know how I should go about getting behind there to see the leak

Better wash it down and watch it while running on a stand.
Nytro is known to discharge oil into the air intake when overfilled, it then can easily drain out the bottom on the lower part of the motor. I thought for ages the lower engine area had a leak - but that wasn't the case.
MS

Agman57 had the same issue with his MPI supercharged Nytro. I believe he's out of the country right now, but I'll message him about this thread.

Agman57 had the same issue with his MPI supercharged Nytro. I believe he's out of the country right now, but I'll message him about this thread.
Thanks so much. What I've gathered right now is that I blew the return oil line to the reservoir at the clamp where it goes through the frame the first time. The second time I blew the same line but where it plugs into the engine. This is a pain in the a$$ to get to even with the oil reservoir off and the filter taken off the supercharger. Idk that I'll be able to plug it back in without further disassembly. I noticed the coolant level is slightly low and the coolant reservoir up front is 100% empty. Along with that, the vent hose with roll over valve that goes into the top of the oil reservoir that's plugged at the end was run low towards the disc brake. I've now read that people run those as high up as they can get them. That might be part of my vent issue?

Back