• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ok guys...am I screwed or what??

Heritage

Expert
Long story short...i punched a hole in my front heat exchanger,
and over heated my attak..now she shows code 11 and won't
start...is the engine toast?? Am I totally screwed...i just bought her
a month ago

:o|

11 is the cylinder identification sensor. Able to continue running, unable to start. Page 601 Apex manual. Check the sensor for damaged wires from the heat.

Hope you have full coverage insurance. I hit something and it tore a part of my track which in turn destroyed my front heat exchanger and cooked the motor. Was going a high rate of speed when this happened. My insurance totalled it and I bought a 09 Ltx. Good Luck

Yes I was studded the Insurance Co gave me no problems. I simply stated I hit something under the snow which tore a hole in the track AND front exchanger. Good Luck if you have a decent insurance co. you should have no problem.

This just happened to me a month ago, but luckily I had her shut down before I heard the leaking coolant. Never ran the machine as i was towed to the trailer by a Ski Doo. I was paid for a claim i started and ended up with a grand. The front exchanger was just tig welded last week along with a small dent in the exhaust pipe, I'm bringing the sled to my dealer tomm. to get her all put back together. The new track will not have any studs for now. My 1.450's were WAY too tall. Going with 1.325's next season. Doug

When you rip the front exchanger in half at 100+ it doesn't take long trust me. By the time the idiot light came on it was too late.

:Rockon: what he said^^...i was doing 110 mph, on the dream meter, on my fav lake, when the
Light started flashing..had no idea I had a coolant leak...too late....i guess.

A bit of a side note but I run 216 double backer 1.450 studs up the middle of a 136 inch Cobra track. What I did as a bit of an insurance policy is I took a old set of Hyfax and planed them down to about 1/4 inch thick and while I had all the drive axle out I riveted them to the front tunnel protectors on the front cooler.

Back