• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OK...I BYPASSED TORS ANS IDLE IS SUPER HIGH????

dutchie said:
sgilbert said:
are the t bodies hitting there idle stop or not??? very simple. no offense, but if you had a clue, youd be riding

Hey hey now , no need to be so rude , someday smarty pants you just might need a little advice yourself ,

Now on your sled with the Tors trouble , at the bracket down at the motor , on the upper side of the bracket toward the top is a jam but and the adjuster for the cable , bottom them out , both , tight and blue loctite if you have it , then at the top where the cable goes into the thumb throttle , make your last adjustment there , don"t have it to tight , in your Manuel it will say what the gap should be

I keep it just a bit loose , basically you want the throttle to move in first , to get rid of that code , all I did was shut it off by key and move the throttle in and out a few time , also hit the reset on your gauge , should go away ,
not trying to be a smart ..., just figure the next question is, "what are t bodies?" which wouldn't ring a bell with me except there is a 270 kit involved. I would gladly kill someone to have that and cant imagine having such a thing without having an understanding of at least how the idle works. with that said, my advice is simple and generous, if the bodies are unable to hit their stop, the problem will literally be in front of you. if they are hitting their stop and no one ever touched the idle, the problem will be serious. any boosted machine either has a sharp owner or a sharp mechanic who put it together. where is the machines caretaker?????

listen here sgilbert.....this is one good reason why I do not like forums cuz know it all's like you. Yes I know what throttle bodies are and all the fundamentals on how a turbo works and if u saw how crammed it was with that 270 kit in their u wouldn't see #*$&@ either and If you must know.... I am very knowleagable and actually did the install myself it you must know with the exception of the cam timming. Now you said....."I would gladly kill someone to have that and cant imagine having such a thing without having an understanding of at least how the idle works" and as I said in my last posts.....all seems good with no issues in the throttle cable area seem to be abnormal even after compairing the exact same sled that was parked beside it. If your little fagget fingers are as smart as your mouth then maybe you can draw me a picture and explain lol

ok thats your problem , same thing that happen to me , now it's a easy fix

, what happens is that jam nut comes loose , then the adjuster backs up toward the top which in turns tightens up your thumb throttle , just the ops of what you would think would happen , but it does come tight as that lower adjuster works it way up ,

you can set it at 3 threads showing like my buds sled , and i'm sure that's what mine used to be till it kept coming loose and pissed me off ,

then bring the adjuster down to it , use 2 wrenches , i think both are 10 mm , hold adjuster and crank on that jam nut to tighten it

you'll see just by moving that jam nut and the adjuster down toward the bracket that your throttle will be looser , then if you want it better go to the top jam nut and adjuster near the throttle and you can adjust it to be the gap you want , remember a little looser is better then tighter ,

with it being 13 threads showing , no wonder you can't get rid of the code 84

last you can test it when done , the code should be gone , justs hold the thumb throttle and not let it slide in when you push it , then that code will come back again

good luck

if it ever comes loose again , then what i did by adding loctite and bottoming them both out solved my troubles , i think they just vib themselves loose ,

It's possible the throttle cable pulled out of the throttle block, seen this many times. What happens is the retainer clip inside the block slips off the catch slot and throttle pulls out and there you have it, a high idle and screwed up adjustment. Happens a lot, especially with risers or gauges and what not.

I just dont think its the throttle cable after comparing it to my buddies stock nytro? Keep in mind that mine is much tighter and visiblity is near nil but by touching and feeling they seem to be the same. My lower jam nut was tight but maybe the cable below that is messed up but with the turbo its near impossible to see since the rad is mounted above the throttle boddies and I can see past the lower jam nut. I then decided to bring the adjuster down to the jam nut and make the adjustment at the handlbars for freeplay and still code 84 with misfire and high idle any other tips??

Air leak between throttle bodies and engine will cause high idle on fuel injected four strokes, also check the rubber caps at sinc ports on the throttle bodies.

Update......after messin with this thing many hrs I decided to bring it to the dealer and the TPS was faulty. Thanks for all your help she is now good to go but no more snow oh well next year cheers!

Same problem happened to me this weekend.

The jam nut got loose and the throttle cable backed out. Unfortunately I found it too frustrating searching from my Blackberry, so the trip was cut short. On the bright side it didn't cost me anything.

Thanks to TY for saving me some greenbacks and Trevor at WPG sport and Leisure for going above and beyond yesterday to help explain to me how to bypass the TORS.

What did sledders do before cell phones.

Back