• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ok, which color Holtzman spring seems to perform the best?

Frostbite

TY 4 Stroke God
I have several Holtzman springs I have tried with my ECP kit. I tried the silver when they came out last year. I didn't think it worked as well as the yellow I had used previously. There seemed to be a mid range lean spot?
For that reason, I haven't purchased the new blue springs.

Do the blue springs surpass the yellow or silver in seat of the pants performance? Those of you who have tried them all, which ones do you feel work the best for overall performance?

Frosty

It figures you'd like the RED ones. If that logic works maybe the BLUE ones are better for my sled?
Hey, Jonny I used your picture for my avtar :D

I need to find a picture of an evil Frosty destroying a Arctic Cat with his broom!

The nice Frosty

Didn't I tell you the red one's make you go faster. That is a given.

I will have to look for the demon frosty. Haven't seen one yet, but I will look.

J.

Our dynotesting showed that the silver springs and the blues work the best for acceleration time...in that it takes less time to make peak power. It doesn't surprise me that the yellow and red springs work good out in the field because there was literally .3...yes, that is point 3 HP between yellow, red and silver. We have gone the fastest at the racetrack with silver and blue.

I have the red ones in my 03 BLACK shorty with full race exhaust and ecp with evac and it flat out gets on with it. I ride mainly the northern lower of Mi and the UP. This setup seem's to work great, I can spank my buddy's 04 warrior with studs and a clutch kit and also my buddy's 03 REV 800, it's not even a race. :D

When I called and ordered mine from Holtzman, they told me that where I ride the red springs are the ones that I want. I think they are for 0 elevation to 4000 feet. I know the sled is faster with the kit and the springs, because last year it was a good race between my buddy's ZR800 and my 03 shorty. Now I get him out of the hole and just keep pulling on him. In a quarter mile run on the lake (hardpacked snow) I would beat him by 7 to 8 length's.

This kit rocks................. :Rockon:

Back