• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Only Hit 40 MPH At Top Speed........

Diceman

Extreme
noticed last week that when I went to open up my 04 Grizzly that I could only get her to go about 40 mph..when I hit 40 mph, it will sputter alittle...usually get her up way over 50 mph...it still however has the balls at low end and has good get up and go until you hit 40 mph .....its been since last Sept since I really was anywhere that I could even go 40 mph so I am not really sure how long this has been happening....I did need to drain the belt housing 4 or 5 times this spring.....this weekend I took the housing off and checked it and the belt looked fine and there was no muck or crap in it....any other suggestions like greasing clutch, gas screen in tank is dirty, or just time for a new bike..lol....it does have 5600 miles on it....Cheers

I would re grease the clutch and if its sputtering I would get into the carb and clean that ...drain gas and put fresh fuel in.

Back