• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Opinion needed on an 06 Rage

Mighty

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
22 Mach Z
23 Sidewinder SRX
I'm coming off an 06 Attak. I love the engine and handling but hate the fact that you can't get to anything under the hood without removing several plastic covers. I'm getting to the age where top end speed isn't my thing anymore but I don't want a dog either. I want a nimble good handling sled with a 4 stroke power plant. What do you guys think of the 06 Rage with the mono? Corner to corner can that triple hang with the 4-holers? And can you tell it's lighter than the attak? Seating position doesn't bother me, I liked my RX-1 and Warrior.

Mighty,

Holy cow dude! I'm beginning to think that you like buying and selling snowmobiles more than riding them?

Just keep the Attak man and you won't have anymore guessing or disappointments. Besides, the plastic should only come off once or twice a year anyway. Sure it's a PITA but it's worth it.

ATTAK!!!

4Fighter said:
Mighty,

Holy cow dude! I'm beginning to think that you like buying and selling snowmobiles more than riding them?
I do the same things with motorcycles. I like something I buy it. If I end up not liking it I sell it.
The 3 holers have always facinated me and to be honest I liked my Warrior. I actually kept it for 2 riding seasons :Rockon: I was thinking that the Rage would be a lighter, more nimble, better riding version of the Warrior.
But it appears that either no one on here owns one or they don't have anything good to say because no one has replied........

I have an 04 Warrior and the girlfriend just picked up a mint 05 vector....It's not the 'exact' comparison you're looking for but as soon as I can get a couple miles on the Vector I'll let you know what I think of the motor, at least..... Not sure if this will be any help??

Oh, almost forgot.....My brother's got an 06 RTX, so I have a good idea of where you're coming from right now in terms of power and handling....Again, I'll post as soon as I can ride the 3 holer, if you like. ;)!

I had a 2004 Warrior, then an 2005 RX-1, now I have a 2007 Rage GT. Only have about 450 miles on the Rage. so it is hard to give a 100% opinoin on the comparisons, but I do like the Rage so far. Not as much power as the Apex, but from corner to corner, it is pretty close. 114 on the dream meter, and I weigh 260 lbs witout my gear on. Can definitly tell the front end is a little lighter on the Rage. I actually like the sitting position better on thr RX-1, Warrior or Rage than the new apex or Attak. I am 53, and also decided I didn't need all that power, but it is sure nice to have it though when you want it.

06 Rage

I have an 06 rage and have ridden an attack and apex. Iam 58 and can lift the front end of my machine I can get the track partially off the ground. I only weigh 170 lbs and 5'7" tall.

I have had it up to 107 on the speedometer. The difference between the apex/attack and the rage is power and ride. I found the attack more power than needed for my riding. Ride Improved on my rage with tuning in susp and adding doolies.

Hpoe you enjoy what ever you decide to ride.

my advise, at this point wait and see what next year brings.... the 3 cylider motor is a great motor, but the chassis is a little dated now..... hope for a 136 in the snox inspired chassis, and you will have a lighter, nimbler, version of your attak

I have an 05 Rage with 6200 miles on it. I love the sled and would definately buy another with the three cylinder engine.
I did not reply previously figuring someone with a mono skid would give you the info you are looking for.
I came off an 04 Polaris 600 Classic with the M10 and the Pro-Action CK rides as well as the M10 IMO.
I have had the ski and front skid shocks re-valved by Pioneer as well as installing an Ohlins rear skid shock to replace the non-rebuildable factory rear shock but I only have 50 miles or so on the sled since then and the trails were pretty smooth so I can't really offer and opinion on ride with the new set up.

Get the Rage! You will be happy unless you spend ALL of your time on the lake and just need to beat everything out there.

Phantom said:
Get the Rage! You will be happy unless you spend ALL of your time on the lake and just need to beat everything out there.
I don't ride the lakes anymore and besides, there's always someone faster :flag:

Hello, I have an 05 Rage and am extremely impressed with it.....now that I have done a couple things to it. I have the Excell header and they sold me a silencer off an RX1, I just had to make it fit, pretty easy though. I also have the Ulmer Stage 3 clutch kit. I geared down the top 1 tooth. I picked it, and threw a bar riser on it. I think that's about it. I will have to say that it runs very well. I am running right with an 02 mxz 800ho that is ported. I beat him in the 750 ft but he does go by my after about 85 ish. My brother has a great running, well tuned, piped, ported and a couple other things on his viper and we run neck n neck, same to about 80. i love the sled, it runs great, never has broke me down, great on gas, just turn the key and go. I still think I am over-revving a bit, but I am in no way disappointed. The front end is a little heavy, as you know, but I think it rides great, handles well too. If any of this info helps, good luck to you in buying a great Yamaha!

I also have an '05 Rage and didn't post earlier since it is not a direct comparison to the '06 with the monoshock.

I think it is a very good handling sled and I am very happy with the power as well. I have Fox Floats on the front of it and a roller bearing secondary kit from Pioneer Performance. Other than that it is a stock machine.

I still have to play with the suspension a little more to get it to handle in the twisties and big bumps a little better, but I really like the machine it has been very reliable. I am considering buying a monoshock skid and putting that into my 05 and basically have it updated to an '06.

As far as a comparison to the Attack, I have never ridden an Attack but just from sitting on one I would think that a person would be able to ride that machine a little more aggressively than a Rage. I would really like to try out an Attack sometime as I think I would really like it but I also love the Rage as well........oh and if they come out with a FX/120 inspired machine I would be very interested in that as well.

Guess I will just have to buy one of each. ;)!

Y1

Bought an 06 Rage for the wife.
Can not get her off that sled.

She loves it and wants to ride all the time.
Might be to nice of a sled if you know what I mean.

Comparison with my Apex GT the rage is a set back
and cruise type sled.

I do like the 136" track and the sled gets with the
program nice from 0-60 where 90 % of trail riding is done.

To tell the truth I like both sleds and both motor's
are great.

I still like my rider forward Apex GT more.

I do see myself riding the Rage later in the season
when we ride crusty snow in March or April.

Its nice to have both and its nice to have a well
tuned clean burning motor that will last as intended.

Back