• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ordered another one

skidooboy

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
well, you can truely call me johnny skeptical now. i just ordered buny her 40th anniversary colored nytro mtx today. went from totally 2 stroke to totally 4 stroke. i hope i dont regret my 20000 investment this time next season. very much looking forward to riding, and modding my new toys next year. ski

grape and i scavanged the short track and long track set ups while at the show last week. i will be using a portion of the long and short track clutching, gearing to get a low alt set up. i am having the dealer leave the high alt stuff in it, then changing the low alt stuff myself. then when we go steep n deep, i just giver the ole switcheroo.

randy, there is no help for you bro! LOL! ski

The gearing was the only thing we could not look at at the show... But we may be able to come up with the info soon, stay tuned

Hey look at that! Grape's connection stayed stable enough for him to put up a post! NICE! :tg:

The wifey went the way of the shortie Nytro, but we'll be looking forward to making some comparisons with Ski's Nytro and Grapes Apex...

So what extra stuff are you going to carry with you now Ski, since you won't have to toe any Oil with ya?

-Mook.

lifetime supply of thin mints. will fit where the 2 stroke oil used to go. LOL!

watch pickin on my purple buddy, you and sharona may be stuck alittle longer than you have in the past. LOL! ski

Lmao, I could re-define stuck as my sled mounting another, as its all traction, right?

ski,

I've seen you on DT and know you've been yellow, what made you go blue? I had noticed you were trying to buy a Summit before. I'm considering going blue as well for a mountain sled.

ive been a member on totallyamaha since july of 2001, moderator on the two stroke side of totallyamaha for a few years, and a member from the original days before there was a "forum" at totallyamaha.com, remember those days tom? LOL! i have owned yamahas since 2001. i have also at that same time owned skidoos as well.

i am not brand loyal by any means. but, i was interested in the 4 stroke technology. i have to like looking at what i am riding, and no one was making a sled that i liked to look at AND ride.

so i built and rebuilt the 2 strokers to suffice. then yamaha released the nytro line and the mtx, although alittle longer than a wanted (144), fit the bill for me.

i dont get into the hype of sleds. i dont need the biggest, baddest, bestest (lol)sled on the market. i need the sled to do certain things for me and my riding. i look at the package the sled delivers, evaluate if it will fit my riding application, and purchase it and build it to fit me.

i havent ordered a new sled for me since 99 so i am looking forward to having a new sled built just for me, and the nytro mtx fit that bill.

122 i am glad you looked me up, and didnt get turned away by bashers on other sites. TY is a decent site and has a good group of core riders willing to help with problems when presented.

like my namesake, i like skidoo as well, but yamaha has a very unique package and has fit my riding needs for over 5 years. quality, fit and finish, availability of parts and service has served me well in my relationship with them. i dont think you can go wrong going blue.

i wish you luck on your decision. ski

thanks ski, I think my major hang-up as of now is the weight difference. I like doos 430# estimate over the 550 or so of yami. I went to the show on Monday and was able to see both Yami and Doo in the same building and was very impressed with yami......enough to consider a purchase. As like you I haven't purchased a brand-new sled for myself since the early 90's!!! I'm do!!!!

welcome to the darkside YK! LOL

thanks for upping this thread to the top. something for everyone...

teaser for ya, just got the graphics and panels back from jordan at arctic fx (big thanks bro!)

i'll get some better pics in the daylight tommorow at the open house for full throttle motorsports in lansing, michigan.

this is the wife's sled, she loves yellow, 02 monte ss pace car, 06 anniversary yzf250 supermoto bike, 01 zx6r ninja, all yellow.

big thanks to:
powder coating services greenville michigan

smitty's speed shop pullyaup washington

arctic fx graphics macomb michigan

schubel's auto trim lansing michigan

full throttle motorsports lansing michigan

meyers racing wisconsin

what ya think of her?

ski

Back