• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OT - Heading to St. Germain Friday, any advice?

dsimonRX1

Pro
Website
www.american-iowa.com
3 couples heading to St. Germain on Friday, 1st time there during x-mas to new years week. Any advice for finding decent trails despite the crowds?
Is it really that crowded on the trails? Thanks

It will be very busy because it always is that time of year. Make sure to get out early in the day when the trails are nice and flat.

A fun ride is up to the Cisco Chain of lakes. There is a nice bar on the Wisconsin side. Then head back via Sayner on trail #8 I believe. It is an unplowed logging rode and normally in great condition. Stop in the Sayner Pub for dinner. They have very good pizza and chicken wings.

Another good loop is to ride north to Sayner, up to Boulder Junction, then further up to Presque Isle. Stop in at Skyview Lodge. They have great food and Adam is working in the kitchen this year. Then leave Presque Isle towards Manitowish Waters, then over to Boulder Junctioin, and back to St Germain.

We'll be at the Rustic manor,what do you ride,I'll keep an eye out for you! Leaving in A.M.Jay

Just what Swiss Sledder said. My Sister has a cabin at Elbert's Resort. When people are sitting in the bar complaining about no snow or bad trails I can always make it up to the North by staying away from the main routes. Stay away from the Hwy trails i.e 70 East/West or 45 North out of Eagle River. One good thing is that the snow coverage is pretty good for this time of year so the crowds may be a little less but the North Woods is the place to be for the holiday vacation. I like stopping at the Burt Bridge Tavern in Conover. Home of the wild animal floor show. You can watch deer feed through the window the runs the length of the bar. Very cool.
PK

We'll be at the whitetail lodge. 2 Apex Gt's, F1000, 800 rev, F6 and RS Rage.
Stopped at Sayner Pub when we were up two weeks ago. Owners are great and the steak sandwich is the best. Bartender at JJ's in Boulder closed down on us at 10:00, after arriving at 9:00. We were staying in Boulder and planned on that being our last stop. Been there 5-7 times before, but probably won't go back.

That was one of the areas I thought about and I have rode towards Lake Tomahawk without running into alot of riders. The wives are going so we will probably spend more time at the bars.

xc8j - I live about 35 minutes from Cedar Rapids.

I'll make sure to honk going thru Cascade! Make sure you get to Knockers deli,the have THE BEST pizza in the area.They are on the way to pitlicks sand beach resort,also a very good stop! If I see you i'll say Hi! Jay

Back