• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Our new machines!!!

1simpleton

Country
USA
Snowmobile
xtx
My wife and I picked up a pair of new 2014 XTX se's for a really good price, unfortunately we don;t have enough snow to try them out but it gives us some time to go through them and get familiar with the suspensions and everything else. Going to make a trip up to the U.P. aroung the 14th to give them a good shake down.

IMG_20150124_095539_686.jpg

I love my xtx se I've put about 1500 km on my 2015 so far but it is amazing. I demoed a 2014 xtx and a 2014 ltx and the ltx was to stiff for me

The biggest reason we went with them is that we plan to make several trips each year either west and or up to the U.P. granted the 141" isn't a true mountain sled but it will be more then sufficient for what we want to do. We were tired of renting and not know what we were going to end up with when we travelled and now we will be on our own machines custom fit to each of us.

The plans for now are to try to get them adjusted to each of us and ride them, eventually we will do the clutch upgrades but for now we just want to focus on suspensions.
We will be looking for a GPS system for each of them and get that mounted along with some kind of tunnel bags to haul our daily gear/travel bags if we do overnight rides.

There is hardly anything out there the XTX will not go through. I had mine in 7' of fresh stuff last year when a storm nailed us and the wind blew tons into the deep ditches. "Just pin it and forget it" like Ron Popeel says and with a bit of setup work it becomes a formidable trail weapon.

Start at 65 lbs in the front shocks. 120 in the rear skid shock. Pull the limiter strap up 1 hole (they are at the top of the strap). The most important is the front skid shock. With the track off the ground Loosen the spring to 0 preload to start (loosen till there is slop in the spring then up till spring is against retainer) then test then add a little 1/4 turn at a time till you get what you feel good at. I am 2 full turns in from 0 pre-load.

There is hardly anything out there the XTX will not go through. I had mine in 7' of fresh stuff last year when a storm nailed us and the wind blew tons into the deep ditches. "Just pin it and forget it" like Ron Popeel says and with a bit of setup work it becomes a formidable trail weapon.

Start at 65 lbs in the front shocks. 120 in the rear skid shock. Pull the limiter strap up 1 hole (they are at the top of the strap). The most important is the front skid shock. With the track off the ground Loosen the spring to 0 preload to start (loosen till there is slop in the spring then up till spring is against retainer) then test then add a little 1/4 turn at a time till you get what you feel good at. I am 2 full turns in from 0 pre-load.

They have stock shock package not like yours, set the front skid shock 2 turns in and it will steer like a truck. Stock package needs at least the front skid shock spring from an RTX or LTX (135) and not XTX (110), mine has 145 pound spring from Zbros and it is just right for my 165 pounds.

Back