• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Out West Snowmobiling

Turtle

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Polaris Switchback 800 Pro S LE
'15 Viper RTX SE w/ MPI turbo - sold
'07 FX Phazer GT
My brother and I are thinking of taking a trip out west this year, and are looking for some info on where to go.

I'm thinking we'll go in the Feb timeframe and we'd probably be looking to do 3 days of riding. So we'd need lodging, sled rental and a guide service (I'm not going off-trail out there w/o a guide). Any suggestions of where to go, and are there any packages deals available?

Thanks for your input.

If you want to go out west in Canada, I would recommend, Glacier House Resort in Revelstoke. My wife and I spent 3 days of our Honeymoon there, went riding in the mountains and rented sleds. Excellent service, new 600/800 Summits, good food, swimming, sauna, hot tub and cabins out back if you want. We just stayed at the main resort. If was during February of last year and the snow was really good.

http://www.glacierhouse.com/

x2 for Glacier House- great place, great guides, top shelf equipment. They are a little anal about the sleds, so if you like to wreck rental stuff, not the place for you, but it means everyone rides a brand new machine. The town of Revelstoke is great too. We went last year and according to the guides it was one of the worst years ever- they still had 30+ft of snow up on Frisbee ridge! (plenty for flatlanders like us) riding was epic. Only recommendation- try to go during the week to be able to cut fresh tracks- We flew into Calgary and rented an SUV and drove up (about 5-6 hours). I guess you can fly into Revelstoke, but when we checked it was crazy expensive. Will definitely be going back! Gonna try Wyoming this year but still looking.

Togwotee Mountain Lodge!!!!!
Been there 3 times and would highly recommend. Its all inclusive, they even pick you up at the airport. The riding is awesome, check out their website. :Rockon:

challenger said:
Togwotee Mountain Lodge!!!!!
Been there 3 times and would highly recommend. Its all inclusive, they even pick you up at the airport. The riding is awesome, check out their website. :Rockon:

X2

I was scetchy about that place after reading a huge thread on snowest about the horror stories of poor food/service, but we went for it anyway and couldnt be more pleased with our stay at TML. Food was good, lodging was great, prices were excellent for a package. The only thing that sucked was I got stuck on a 09 M8 that had low bars and a low seat and being 6'6 it made the first day a disaster.(we were promised 2010's) BUT.......they went out of thier way and got some RMK D8's from thier other rental place in Jackson Hole for us to ride the last 2 days, I would have to say that pretty much saved my riding experience. Our guide was great too, Brett spent alot of time digging us out without a peep of bitching. He broke us pretty good.

Thanks for all the great feedback guys! I will definitely check some of them out. About how much could I expect to spend for a 4-night stay with 3 days of riding?

x3 for Togwotee mountain lodge. Had a blast out there!

A guide would have been fun, but we found areas that had more than enough snow for our 136" sleds that we brought with us, and hills steeper than we wanted to climb. The place is huge. I would go back in a heart beat.

gade-thrasher said:
Thanks for all the great feedback guys! I will definitely check some of them out. About how much could I expect to spend for a 4-night stay with 3 days of riding?

Last year they said the snow levels were down and they had a "sale" on the packages, I would say with the flight (out of Madison) and the trip (including renting 800's) it cost about 1700-2000, but thats just a estimate, I cant remember a exact total.

We leave 02/18/2011 for West Yellowstone. We put 23 sleds in the semi-trailer and 7 more on trailers behind the chase vehicles. We rent 3 cabins from www.yellowstonevacationcabins.com . The group has been doing this trip for over 20 years. We have done trips in February for the last 11 years and the weather has been perfect. They have pictures inside and out of the cabins online.

Contact MOM's Motorsports if you want to go out on the cheap side and take your sled - March they are going to Island Park with a few spots left!

Back