• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Over Heating

phazdog

I just replaced my radiator that was crunched and my machine is over heating I filled it with coolant and when it gets hot the idiot light comes on and the radiator still fills cool like no liquid is getting to it any ideas?

When filling it, try elevating the front end and pouring it in very slowly to try to avoid creating bubbles and to get them out if any form.

Run engine while cold with the radiator cap off until the thermostat opens so it will suck more coolant in. You will see the coolant level go down and hear it gurgle. Fill to top. As the engine gets hotter and it sucks more in, keep topping off. Let it get hotter until it starts to belch some coolant out, then put cap back on. Presto! No more air in system.

I Love this site :Rockon: That totally worked you guys are the best I owe you one :die :jump:

Do you have a fan? If not then I believe Yamaha is putting them on free of charge on all 07's that do not.

Back