• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Part numbers/pricing/info for Mono-Suspension Option Springs

I feel most folks just read to much stuff on forums and just feel what someone else did to his or her sled will magically work for them,its like a pair of pants,you may be wearing the same kind as the next guy,but i bet the feel is differant,it takes some adjustments,some seat time,and than maybe just the right extra parts to make it feel just right. On alot of my apex/attacks i just worked with what yamaha gave me,and adjusted than did the big boy spring without the revalve done correctly,this time i ran everything bone stock for about 1500 miles,adjusting as i went,than added the spring 5.5 next step up the rate ladder,while not doing anything more,well its now ready for the dule rate revalve,and maybe the 5.2 or 5.3 spring combo,i hope this works better in those deep holes.

Re: Now I'm nervous...

Big Ron - At your weight I would look into getting the 7.1 KG spring and a revalve done on your rear shock. With the stock spring 4.9KG you will find the rear of the sled will sag to much which will affect the handling of the sled and from my experience you will experience quite a bit of bottoming out with the stock spring and valving if you ride the sled aggressively through the bumps. Give me a call if you would like and we can discuss the options for getting that shock set-up for your weight.

Big Ron said:
You guys are talking about 250lbs needing the big boy spring...I just bought a 2007 APEX GT and was told my weight, 400lbs, wouldn't be a problem for this sled.

Am I in trouble?

OK, I've doen some searching and found Ohlins does have bigger springs.

696-19 70 (7.1kg)
696-21 75 (7.6kg)
696-24 80 (8.1kg)

You need to order them from Ohlins USA $90@ 1-828-692-4525 ask for Stacey at ext. 304 He has been VERY helpful.

Back