• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

phaser hesitation

TIMSMXZ

Extreme
it seems to hesitate when you whack the gas from a dead stop. i"m hoping it will go away once it breaks in, like my apex did. any one else having this problem?

My FX only has the hesitation when it is on cold idle. After the engine is warm and it drops to 1700 rpms, it doesn't do this anymore. Do you have the hard starting issue? Mine turns over for a long time when you first start it, just like some of the other owners are saying. After its warmed up and you turn it off it starts up instantly. My four wheeler did this when it was new, but it is carbureted. You never hear of a brand new car (fuel injected) starting hard. I'm hoping this clears up after a few rides.

i still have the hesitation after the rpms drop down, just not as bad. and when cold, it seems to crank and crank before it will start. its fine when warm

JP reported that after 20 miles the note of the exhaust changed and it become much quicker. Assume this is a built in safety

my phazer starts really well,only about 3 turn of the motor and it fires up,it just cranks slower than my rx so it feels like it takes longer to start.i did the test yesterday and the phazer took 1 second longer to start than my rx so im ok with that

my mtn lite hesitates too off idle! I only got 3.5 km on the odo so ill wait a few more before gettin concerned about it!

bojans said:
JP reported that after 20 miles the note of the exhaust changed and it become much quicker. Assume this is a built in safety

Mine didnt come to life until 35 miles. Then I gained 10 mph, but didn't notice any sound difference.

It took me 3 try's to start mine sitting in my heated Garage but then again its only got .1 mile so Until I get that first ride I wont worry about it. Plus its got a 3 year warranty

mine takes roughly 3-5 seconds to start... not bad at all..
I did notice on the trail, if I shut it off, sometimes its hard to restart right away... but otherwise its great... no complaints...

Pretty much all the issues you guys are talking about clear up once you get some miles on them. I've got 550km and it starts quick even when it's cold now, the hesitation is basically cleared up to. And if you think it starts to open up after 40 miles wait until you get 300 or so. It really comes to life.

phazerfly said:
Pretty much all the issues you guys are talking about clear up once you get some miles on them. I've got 550km and it starts quick even when it's cold now, the hesitation is basically cleared up to. And if you think it starts to open up after 40 miles wait until you get 300 or so. It really comes to life.

how's the gas mileage been? also, have you opened it up yet, what has been your top speed for far, pro's & con's ?

Back