• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer idle?

doober

Extreme
What rpm is a 09 Phazer suppose to idle at? I bought one for the wife for xmas, and we had it out the other day and it kept stalling when you went to move. We only have about 100 km on it. I am just wondering if maybe it is set to low and that is maybe the problem. Thanks.

Mine idle aroud 1800rpm sometimes it drops to 1500 but only for a few seconds before going back to normal.

@ doober, how many miles do you have on it? I found that my 08 did the same thing before it went in for its 500 km service, they reset the throttle bodies and injection. Also you may want to try running a splash of isopropol in your gas.

It has about 100 km or so, maybe a tad more. I was also wondering about getting it broken in before playing with it to much.

when my 09 was under 150 miles if you got it warm sometimes it would idle in the 1300 rpm range, quit doing it after about 200 and hasnt done it since, if it gets warm now the lowest the idle goes is in the 1500's but normal idle on the 09s is 1800 plus or minus 750 or so. it makes sense the computer will bring the idle down the control engine temp. i have 520 miles on it now and it almost always idles around 1800 and man it runs nicely

idle

it is in the manual or written on the belt cover i believe that the idle is 1800 rmp + or - 100 on the front lower part of the sled there is a plastic plug you remove and then turn the srew very slightly with a phillips screw driver. Make sure the sled is properly warmed up before ajusting.

Back