• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer left side body panel

scottebudd

Just picked up a used 2007 phazer FX for my son and was curious about a panel on the upper left side of the hood. I've attached two pictures, one of my son's sled and the other a stock one from Yamaha. The stock photo looks like the upper panel has some cutouts in it that look pretty cool. As you can see from the photo mine is solid.

I checked the parts diagram on-line and it looks like that there are two panel part numbers both the same price.

Anybody know why they had these two panels and how I can get the one that has the cutouts (part number)?

Thnaks.

Attachments

• IMG_2439.JPG
    IMG_2439.JPG
    263.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 2007 Phazer.JPG
    2007 Phazer.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 89

That is not a cut out, it is actually a decal for looks only. I too thought that it was very cool and looked at one in the show room. It was either paint or decal, but not a cut out.

I'm pulling this one back up as it reminded me of this topic while working in the garage today. I picked up a poster last year from the sled show. It's the one with the 3 phazers on it. I noticed that they had the shrouds cut out in all 3 sleds. I can't imagine the snow that would get in there without some kind of pre filter over it. I may give it a go this year if I can find something to cover the holes.

DSC00584.jpg

DSC00582.jpg

DSC00583.jpg

my guess is intially the tunnel may have been closed and they were trying to funnel air under the exhaust to move the hot air out - pre production would be my guess as well.

Back