• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer MTN with Venture Lite undercarriage

Country
USA
Snowmobile
venture lite 2007
My wifes phazer Mtn undercarriage broke, I have opportunity to buy used Venture Lite undercarriage just rebuilt with new studded track. I was thinking to swap in the Venture Lite undercarriage and track to create a light weight trail machine. We run in a lot of low snow conditions and the Mtn dosn't handle well espessialy on ice . What do you guys think worth trying or a wast of money it would cast about $1000? Has anybody done this

It won't fit unless you make major modifications. The VL's tunnel is at least 2 inches wider to accommodate a 16"wide track in the MP version of this sled while the Phazer is 14" wide. And the rear skid attachment points are farther back than the Phazer's as well. The upper idler wheels are also on the outside of the spring while the Phazer's are inside, likely because of the narrower tunnel. The springs on the VL will be way too stiff for the Phazer's weight and will feel like you're riding on a log.

I can't see how adding this much bigger and heavier skid would make your Phazer lighter. The VL skid has 2 shocks and more linkages than the Phazer.

I was thinking it would be a lighter Venture light if i put in the under carriage and re geared to the Venture lite gears. I didn't think about the width.

Yeah, even though it's called the Venture "Lite", it isn't, LOL!

I'm curious as to what's broken on the MTX undercarriage? Maybe easier/cheaper to rebuild or otherwise fix the original setup?

Or find an entire MTX skid.

Absolutely right folks the Venture Lite ain't light as I found out on numerous occasions.

the standard phazer gt/rtx w arm and rear scizzors are the same as the xtx/mtx ones. the only thing that is unique to them is the rails. would the 1-1/2" x 14" x 144" track work for you with i grips in it? i know that it will clear as that is the track i put in my 09 rtx that i made into an xtx.

Back