• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Phazer, Venture Lite and MP Problems!

BombaPolaYama

TY 4 Stroke Master
Wow, there are so many problems popping up on the Phazers, VLs, and MPs maybe a new section should be started just for problems with the Phazers, etc? Everytime I look here I see a new problem - wow I'm totally blown away by these quality issues from Yamaha?? I'm new to Yamaha and certainly did not expect guys to be having problems to this extent - I just can't adequately express my disbelief!

Sir We have a enought Post on hear about problems. The Phazer Has had some known issues. Yes We are all ware of them thank you. Everthing is going to be ok. Yamaha Has done a great job in covering some of these issues. Guys that are not happy with there rides just need to ask them selfs weather this sled is ment for them or not. Because I know alot of happy Phazer owners Compaired to un happy ones! Please take your sarcasim else where Passionate about getting Yamaha to fix the snow/slush/ice build-up problem in the tunnel of my '08 Venture Lite - then I will change my signature.....but until then I have to ride my '02 Polaris 550 Sport Touring...(see Avatar)

;):D ;):D

The pot has to be stirred if you want it to cook!!

No need to start a fight here.

Maybe we should have been aware that this sled was not meant for all riders ... like myself, many on this forum do not have pockets full of money to replace front ends every year.

Yes, we are all aware of the issues, but people just need to know that Yamaha is looking into these issues.

Its not fare to the people that own these sleds enjoy this fourm and enjoy there sled to constanly listen to guys wine and cry. Its cool that a guy put a video on here showing how he starts his sled with a rope, I thought it could not be done. point is I am Not happy on this fourm listen to a guy post a thread about how He see every time he come on here there is some thing new broke on the phazer. To me he is just stired the pot By posting that.
Read a thread and repond to that. I am taking ofence to the post of this thread.
I am working everyday to give feed back to Yamaha on whhat is happening
I know guys are not happy, But dont slap it in guys face that are really having fun with there Phazers.
Thank you for understanding

Own 2 phazers. VERY SATISFIED with them.

Thank You Vmax4 ! I spend alot of my own time and money tring to make this a even more bomb a$$ sled. It will get there just going to take some time.
Some thing that alot of people dont relize is that Phazer came out in 07 There Production on that sled is about 3-4 years before a Major Structor change. In the mean time I think They Made a mistake or 2 and Have been really nice about helping guys fix them Issues.
Little story I have a buddy with a brand new DOO Burned up 3 belts @ 120 bucks each Before there was a "known issue" Now that Would not be Cool Or he Knows there is a drive shaft issue with it I said well will just weld it up because there on back order .Nope they wont warranty it Because we welded it to pervent it from breaking. Well Dam if you do dam if you dont. Point is Yamaha Is a much better company to deal with.
900 Fusions May I Start?? No because I cant type that much.

xc_phazer137 said:
Thank You Vmax4 ! I spend alot of my own time and money tring to make this a even more bomb a$$ sled. It will get there just going to take some time.
Some thing that alot of people dont relize is that Phazer came out in 07 There Production on that sled is about 3-4 years before a Major Structor change. In the mean time I think They Made a mistake or 2 and Have been really nice about helping guys fix them Issues.
Little story I have a buddy with a brand new DOO Burned up 3 belts @ 120 bucks each Before there was a "known issue" Now that Would not be Cool Or he Knows there is a drive shaft issue with it I said well will just weld it up because there on back order .Nope they wont warranty it Because we welded it to pervent it from breaking. Well Dam if you do dam if you dont. Point is Yamaha Is a much better company to deal with.
900 Fusions May I Start?? No because I cant type that much.

What does that have to do with all the engineering issues on the Phazer?
Broken belts don't strand people generally speaking anyhow?
One has nothing to do with the other. Why are you highjacking all the threads by defending the indefensible? There is no good reason that these sleds weren't tested on snow before they were foisted upon unsuspecting buyers!

xc_phazer137 said:
Guys that are not happy with there rides just need to ask them selfs weather this sled is ment for them or not.

Please do tell me what kind of rider is meant to ride a sled that cannot steer!
We have a LOT of snow here, and I can get about 20 miles before it freezes.
You don't think that is at least a bit dangerous?

Dangerous! Here's another one, how about having to put your side panel back on over the spinning clutch, because you had to pull start it with a rope around the clutch. Let me tell you that was not much fun feeling the spinning clutch catch and rub the inside of the panel as I put it back on to get back to the truck.

xc_phazer137 said:
Sir We have a enought Post on hear about problems. The Phazer Has had some known issues. Yes We are all ware of them thank you. Everthing is going to be ok. Yamaha Has done a great job in covering some of these issues. Guys that are not happy with there rides just need to ask them selfs weather this sled is ment for them or not. Because I know alot of happy Phazer owners Compaired to un happy ones! Please take your sarcasim else where Passionate about getting Yamaha to fix the snow/slush/ice build-up problem in the tunnel of my '08 Venture Lite - then I will change my signature.....but until then I have to ride my '02 Polaris 550 Sport Touring...(see Avatar)

Well, I can give "sarcasim" as good as the next fellow, but I can't find any in my post. An example of sarcasm: So in case you don't know what sarcasm is - please look it up in a good dictionary; oh no, you can't look it up if you can't spell it, can you?

"Everthing is going to be ok" I am not reassurred - That does not help guys who are broken down or when Yamaha can't fix something.

"Yamaha Has done a great job in covering some of these issues. "
Emphasis on some! Read the threads and hear the frustration!

"Because I know alot of happy Phazer owners Compaired to un happy ones! " That's great! So why are we hearing way more horror stories than happy stories?

All the best and don't forget the pop cans! (oops sarcasm again)

[quote="Isthatahemi
What does that have to do with all the engineering issues on the Phazer?
Broken belts don't strand people generally speaking anyhow?
One has nothing to do with the other. Why are you highjacking all the threads by defending the indefensible? There is no good reason that these sleds weren't tested on snow before they were foisted upon unsuspecting buyers![/quote]

Thanks, couldn't have said it better myself!

Hey guys you need to let up on xc_phazer137, he's a good guy and entitled to his opinion same as you and I are. He helped me out with some hard to find parts that I wanted, when he didn't have to. I don't agree with everything that's being said either, but some guys seem to be taking it a little to personal. It's Yamaha's issues not the other riders and what they are doing to fix their issues on their own when they have to.

I dont know what to tell you guy's I gess the guys that are not having issues are out riding there! thats all I can say. I was in a pissy Mood when I started wrighting on this thread, because I spend just about everynight till Midnight Finding ways to help this sled out. Gess It sucks to hear bitching when your out trying to make the sled better.
FYI I start on the Pole tommarow, With a 6 second lead.
http://www.sledhead24-7.com/garrison_blog.htm

Back