• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

PHOTOS: Mtn Lite tows the ski-doo 1000 highmark

jp@weknowsnow

Expert
Website
weknowsnow.com
My friend Andrew blew his engine out in the backcountry, we spent the day doing the recovery mission. 80+ mph winds and blowin' snow. A few pics:

0108tow1.jpg

0108tow2.jpg

0108tow4.jpg

It was hard work for the Mtn lite towing that much weight but starting out slow, we were able to average 30 mph down trail. My friend is really happy and wants a 4 stroke now. HAHA

should send those to brp to show them not to laugh at four
strokes like their add wich they posted in every mag with the added weight on the hood.a little weight is better than 500lbs of dead weight

Always love your pics!!!
Next time save your belt and have him jog back so you dont have to tow the extra 200lbs! lol
Or atleast have him ride bitch on yours!

Hey JP - my buddies 800 Doo broke down a month ago when I was out with him in the middle of nowhere but I was worried about attaching a tow strap to my rear bumper and towing him. I wasn't sure if the tunnel could handle it. Would you recommend it or avoid it? Those highmarks are PIGS too!!

pat the rat said:
should send those to brp to show them not to laugh at four
strokes like their add wich they posted in every mag with the added weight on the hood.a little weight is better than 500lbs of dead weight

Yea just post it and say that. He ain't heavy he's my brother. Dead weight thats a good one. :jump:

Yellowknife said:
Hey JP - my buddies 800 Doo broke down a month ago when I was out with him in the middle of nowhere but I was worried about attaching a tow strap to my rear bumper and towing him. I wasn't sure if the tunnel could handle it. Would you recommend it or avoid it? Those highmarks are PIGS too!!

thanks all. i knew you guys would get a kick out of this last adventure. we removed the belt on the ski-doo and i had my friend ride on it cause we were towing down hill and needed to be able to brake. the mtn lite did very well, we were towing down hill but it was working pretty hard. i took it very easy and we stopped to check the tunnel a couple of times. i wouldn't recommend towing from the tunnel bar very often but in an emergency it worked well. i mean it holds up to the weight of me and my friends lifting and moving the sled around so i figured it would do ok towing out the ski-doo 1000 and my friend down trail. he was very happy! might be looking into gettin an apex!! ;)

up trail would be a completely different story

should have dug a hole and burried it !! saved the gas !

I am like you JP, I won't tow anyone without a picture !

The best way I found to tow a Broken Repaired Product (BRP) :tg: with ease on a long distance is to reverse the skis and attache the back of the broken sled on top of the back of the towing sled! Much much easier to tow! Been there done that!

I'm impress that the Phazer was able to tow the skidoo 1000 HM.

errol said:
The best way I found to tow a Broken Repaired Product (BRP) :tg: with ease on a long distance is to reverse the skis and attache the back of the broken sled on top of the back of the towing sled! Much much easier to tow! Been there done that!

I'm impress that the Phazer was able to tow the skidoo 1000 HM.

thats a good idea, but i think that might be too much weight for the top of the tunnel on the mtn lite? any other sled that is a really awesome idea. thanks for that.

i've towed a couple of people on skis via the tunnel bar off the back of the sled, we just took it really easy.. didnt smellany burning belt or clutch. checked everything over at the bottom and it looks good, going to clean and go over everything today... need to get it in for the 1st oil change and once over.

Back