• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Picked up the new fz and took the first ride

If its like my fx the front shocks are no problem. They works really good and if you set compression and rebound adjustment to 6 clicks from fully "open" she will have a plush ride. The problem is the rear skid shock. Its like it have no rebound damping at all. Also the rear springs are very stiff and I think maybe it could have been better with the ones from the gt because they are softer. My weight is aprox 190lbs and when I ride hard on bad bumpy trails it really beats the hell out of may #*$&@ and sometimes the rebound is so hard/fast that it "catapults" the back of sled up in the air.. I will have mine revalved during summer.

Also, I think its "strange" that yamaha dont do anything about this rear skid shock. Back in 2002 I bought a sx viper and after a lot of critics about its stock shock set up (a lot of owners complained about it was way to hard) yamaha came out and offered a new shock package (front and rear shocks) for only 180$ if I dont remember wrong. Those who took this deal had to give yamaha back the stock shocks. I did not change mine because I really liked that stock sx viper set up ;)!

Other updates: Yamaha scandinavia will modify the engine auto decomp system. By changing the auto decomp "weights" allowing exhaustvalve to close faster the engine will be a much easier starter (it will fix the "poor starting issue" when really cold) There will be a fix for the bad designed plastic cover between a-arms mounting allowing snow to entering the engine room making steering freeze and probebly a fix to take care of the reverse problems almoust everyone is complaining about. Have this from a guy working at yamaha but I dont know if this will be done in US/Canada..

They also shold have taken care of all the reported overheat issues by offering a fan to the fx/gt. But from what I have heard this isnt on the 08 years models either so maybe there is no problem :drink:

My dealer fixed my overheat issue by adding the fan. He also replaced my worn out slides/hyfax and installed the extra idler wheel kit. All free of charge ;)!

The fan works great. Last week it was 8C/45F without any problem.

For those of you who still havent closed the hole in tunnel maybe thinking on a melt down of seat and plastic because of hight muffler temprature I dont think you need to worry about that. I have tunnel closed and plastic and seat are as new so I have no problem to recomend this mod.

Back