• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pictures of MTN Lite from Big Horns Trip

pepers215

Just wanted to share some pictures of the MTN Lite from my trip last week to the Big Horns.

PB280028-1.jpg

PB280035.jpg

PB300058.jpg

PB290046.jpg

PB290054.jpg

ALSO heres a link to the video of me rolling it over after it didn't have enough power to make it up the hill: http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/pepers215/?action=view&current=PB290052.flv

Great I'm happy I found your post. This is a good chance to get the feed back I'm looking for. I currently have a 600 SD Renegade but the Phazer has caught my attention. We go out west once a year to the Big horns, Snowies ,etc. It looks like someone in your group has a Renegade X. Can you give some compairisons between the PML and the Gade? What are the areas that each one shines? Did you get a chance to ride both? Thanks for anything you can offer.

upnorth500 said:
Great I'm happy I found your post. This is a good chance to get the feed back I'm looking for. I currently have a 600 SD Renegade but the Phazer has caught my attention. We go out west once a year to the Big horns, Snowies ,etc. It looks like someone in your group has a Renegade X. Can you give some compairisons between the PML and the Gade? What are the areas that each one shines? Did you get a chance to ride both? Thanks for anything you can offer.

actually both of the sleds are mine. the ski-doo is a 2006 Renegade X 800 with the 1.75'" track and it is pretty unfair to compare the two sleds. the reson for this is simply the power difference. i mean i am comparing 80hp to 140hp and both sleds are roughly the same weight.

however this is what i can say. i actually like the phazers riding position better then the gade however and the phazer definatley leans over better in the powder. both sleds work great for bondocking and riding powder in flat areas with the phazer having a slight advantage at times due to it being so easy to lean over.

when it came to hillclibing however that was a different story. the phazer was reading the gades snowflap all day long. if you watch the video i posted were the phazer loses power going up that hill then i end up tipping it over as i turn around you can see what i mean. i then took the gade up the same hill and it charged up it like nothing. Here is a link to the video with the gade so that you can see what i mean:

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/pepers215/?action=view&current=PB290051.flv

both sled are nice and are fun to ride. and both do somethings better then the other. the ski-doo definatley has alot more too it though in terms of power and hillclimbing ablility. Remember however the ski-doo cost roughly $3K more too.

pepers215 said:
upnorth500 said:

actually both of the sleds are mine. the ski-doo is a 2006 Renegade X 800 with the 1.75'" track and it is pretty unfair to compare the two sleds. the reson for this is simply the power difference. i mean i am comparing 80hp to 140hp and both sleds are roughly the same weight.

however this is what i can say. i actually like the phazers riding position better then the gade however and the phazer definatley leans over better in the powder. both sleds work great for bondocking and riding powder in flat areas with the phazer having a slight advantage at times due to it being so easy to lean over.

when it came to hillclibing however that was a different story. the phazer was reading the gades snowflap all day long. if you watch the video i posted were the phazer loses power going up that hill then i end up tipping it over as i turn around you can see what i mean. i then took the gade up the same hill and it charged up it like nothing. Here is a link to the video with the gade so that you can see what i mean:

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/pepers215/?action=view&current=PB290051.flv

both sled are nice and are fun to ride. and both do somethings better then the other. the ski-doo definatley has alot more too it though in terms of power and hillclimbing ablility. Remember however the ski-doo cost roughly $3K more too.

by the way, what year is your gade, is it an x-package, and is it an SDI? depending on that info and where you are located i might be interested in a trade if you deciede you want a phazer. the way vacation is going it looks like i wouldn't be able to make it out west anymore this year. so i no longer really need a mountain sled in wisconsin. :o|

teerex said:
In other words, the Phazer Mt. needs a turbo...

actually a nitrous kit would better suit it in my opinion. the extra power is only needed for hillclimbing. it did fine in all other areas. so when you lose power climbing just hit the button and problem solved. not to mention the nitrous kit would cost around $600 compared to a turbo or supercharger kit costing you $4000 dollars. :Rockon:

pepers215 said:
teerex said:
In other words, the Phazer Mt. needs a turbo...

actually a nitrous kit would better suit it in my opinion. the extra power is only needed for hillclimbing. it did fine in all other areas. so when you lose power climbing just hit the button and problem solved. not to mention the nitrous kit would cost around $600 compared to a turbo or supercharger kit costing you $4000 dollars. :Rockon:

Very well said :Rockon:

Hey pepers215 & jp,
What kind of top speed have you guys seen on the dream meter with the Mountain lites?

I have only done a few laps in the front yard so far..

Thanks for sharing all the GREAT pix!!!

backcountry said:
Hey pepers215 & jp,
What kind of top speed have you guys seen on the dream meter with the Mountain lites?

I have only done a few laps in the front yard so far..

Thanks for sharing all the GREAT pix!!!

i have had it past 70mph on the dream-o-meter but that was on a hard packed road of course. i just remember seeing it in the 70's and being please so i don't know the exact number. i didn't get it for speed so that was enough to satisfy me. ;)!

Thank guys! I was just curious. That seems pritty fast for a 500cc sled with a 144" track. I also have a AC Power Special 700cc and fastest I have ever clocked it with my GPS was 78 mph on a wide open lake.

Back