• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

pivot link

iwant1

Extreme
does any one have the part# for the 07FX rear susprnsion update? I was lucky enough to have the second steel unit break just before 10 000kms. First one lasted 1500, so not bad. I approched the dealer 4 years ago and he said there was a complete kit, updates to 09 RTX specs. Looking to walk into the new dealer(i moved) and order the good pieces. Thanx

:sled1:

If you don't want to fork out the ridiculous amount they want for the billet link. You can send your pivot link to Schmidt Bros Motorsports and they will reinforce it for you for $50. I took pictures of mine before I had it rebuilt. The difference is night and day. Beefed inside and out at the part that breaks the most and has the littlest strength from the factory.

equillibrium88 said:
If you don't want to fork out the ridiculous amount they want for the billet link. You can send your pivot link to Schmidt Bros Motorsports and they will reinforce it for you for $50. I took pictures of mine before I had it rebuilt. The difference is night and day. Beefed inside and out at the part that breaks the most and has the littlest strength from the factory.

Can we see those pics?
Might be something my welding skills can do....

I got it out and its split open like a pop can, I'd say it NFG and I will have to drop the cash. I also need a centre shock as it no longer has a lower eye. forced ti ride it back to the truck and the heads of the studs chewed the shock up.

my link broke too in the first couple hundred miles of me driving this year from the super rough trails in DEC the part looks not so simple and mine was smashed up from moving around so I just spent the $180 on the billet part and now waiting the 13 days for it to ship from New York.

Never found the Part #.I will work on that.Keep in mind the update kit is much more than just the link.You cannot put the billet link in a 07 skid without the front arm and a bunch of other things in that kit.Is pictures of how to weld old style link and all kinds of info here in the suspension section.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=105636

My brother's broke for the second time, so my dad decided to make one. It hasn't been ridden on yet, so we don't know the durability yet. I think the first time it broke, he reinforced the front arm as well. Here's a couple of pics.

2013-02-06_16-34-24_465_zps3ced5302.jpg

2013-02-06_16-34-08_938_zpscb80f02e.jpg

It would be difficult to take a photo now, since I'd have to take the skid out again. Stand by, I will take photos when I service the skid this summer and will post to this thread.

cannondale27 said:
Never found the Part #.I will work on that.Keep in mind the update kit is much more than just the link.You cannot put the billet link in a 07 skid without the front arm and a bunch of other things in that kit.Is pictures of how to weld old style link and all kinds of info here in the suspension section.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=105636

My "updated" kit (torque arm-2 years old) broke already- $220 for a new one thru Yamaha....
Found NOS '07 1 on ebay for $80 and modified it with 3/16th gussets- had to mill some of the billet "w" bracket (wider than the mounting point) but got it to work, been ok for 800ish miles this year.
There is quite a bit of pieces to the new "update" kit besides just a W bracket. Big money now if it wasn't covered under YES warranty... luckily mine was @ the last 6 months when it broke the 1st time.

Tacked together for fit, beefy
001-25.jpg

Broke to the right of the gusset near weld
005-8.jpg

Back