• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Plans for my RX1 this summer- am I making any mistakes

Not to hijack your thread, but that is exactly what I have done to my 03 RX1. I am in the process of selling it. The mods done are Expert X 136, Ice ripper, Ohlins upfront, Boss seat, extra tunnel cooler, Simmons skis, water temp gauge, riseer, tunnel extension. I absolutely love this sled after all of my mods were done. I just want to refresh my fleet. I would be happy to anwser any questions you have about your project or me sled. Thanks, Dana.

Wish I was in the market now, instead of last year, I would buy your sled in a heartbeat. Oh the work and money this build involves! Have had the M20 Airwave for a couple weeks, and it is soooo sharp, I hate to put it under the RX. :yam:

Won't know personally till next season, but I think by looking at it, it will serve my needs nicely. Should deal with icy spots on the lake and trails with no problem.

My thought is, if a carbide grabs on something hard, the lug will give and let other carbides take over the job. I can't see where they would keep enough grip to rip out a lug. Just going by theory in my head, but lots of guys say they work great for icy trails and a bit of lake ice.

Well guys, thanks for all the input!! Much more comfortable ride for sure!! Couple questions though. RPM's only reach 9k now with the 136" track. Dreammeter dropped from 121 to 94---- typical???

Not to hijack someones thread but I was also thinking about a seat upgrade on my 04, it just seems to sit a bit low. Is there any "apex" seats that won't fit or will all years work. Also anyone know of a good place to pick one up that has red or silver accent colors?

Thanks
Jeremy

all years work.

speed drop is typical. did you re-do your clutching when you did this? more rotating mass means different clutching or combo of clutching and gearing.

Back