• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Plastic Body Rivets

cnybrian

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Attak
Can't stand those OEM screw type plastic body rivets. They don't work after installing once or twice. Did some research and found these on fleabay. I have absolutely zero association with the seller but they work great. Just drill out the 6mm and 7mm holes using a 5/16 bit. So much easier to remove and reinstall when needed. And if they brake, who cares. They are 11.5 cents each!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100pcs-Pla...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Again, I have zero affiliation with the seller. Just thought this would be a useful tip.

keep some in my garage because of gf outlander likes to loose the ones that hold the head lamps and grill on.

They are a great rivet. My auto parts store now only carries the PAPCO brand and they are awfully expensive, so I had to go online. (or maybe I should try another auto parts store).
Honda ATV's use this type. I find that in some cases it helps to put a 5/16 steel washer on the backside for more clamping.

All over on the Nytro, I dont recall any on the Apex.
I have used these on RX-1 and Vector to hold the panel on near where the hood clamps. I'm sure everyone has seen where the push button becomes damaged.

Back