• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Plastic tips on rails.

timc

Extreme
I keep wearing out or losing the plastic tips on the front of the rails. First problem was last year at 2500 miles. They wore right down to the rails. My dealer replaced them. Shortly thereafter, the right one fell off. They replaced it. Last week, at 3200 miles, the left one disappeared. I had to run the sled a couple hundred miles and it wore the rail a bit and I lost three track clips on that side. I replaced the tip & clips and rode about 60 miles Sunday and you can allready see the wear. The right one from last year is worn quite a bit. When the sled is sitting still, there is a lot of room between the track and the rail tips. I've only pulled the limiter strap down one set of holes and haven't changed anything else except the shock valving and a 6.5KG spring. What's going on? I've never replaced one of those on any sled I've ever owned!

TimC

Screw the rail tip in the same way your slide is held in place. It'll never loosen up again. Drill and tap from the underside.

timc said:
I keep wearing out or losing the plastic tips on the front of the rails. First problem was last year at 2500 miles. They wore right down to the rails. My dealer replaced them. Shortly thereafter, the right one fell off. They replaced it. Last week, at 3200 miles, the left one disappeared. I had to run the sled a couple hundred miles and it wore the rail a bit and I lost three track clips on that side. I replaced the tip & clips and rode about 60 miles Sunday and you can allready see the wear. The right one from last year is worn quite a bit. When the sled is sitting still, there is a lot of room between the track and the rail tips. I've only pulled the limiter strap down one set of holes and haven't changed anything else except the shock valving and a 6.5KG spring. What's going on? I've never replaced one of those on any sled I've ever owned!

TimC
i drilled out the rivets and bolted mine with stainless,just ripped my cap off last weekend incl bolt.been on for 1000mi with no issues but noticed my track was really loose and i lost a few new clips i put in.i think its from a real loose track slappin and takin ends and track clips.i run my track loose but not that loose,it was 4 finger at the inner idler wheels,did not ratchet at all.sure the high speed stutters did'nt help any.that was my problem, a loose track.look at your track and bolt your ends tight!! :drink:

Pack them with silicone before you rivet the tips in place..

Back