• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Please tell how to sync the carbs on 03 RX-1

HOLD THE PHONE>>>>>>

The easiest way to get your carbs synched is to come to a TY ride and NOS PRO will do it for you!!!!!!!!

Just replying on a really old thread hoping somebody sees this. I have synced my carburetors and followed all the steps provided on the thread that's been passed around. My carburetor closest to my clutch is pulling double the vacuum of my other three and I can't get it adjusted with the rack screw. What else could I do to bring the vacuum down on that one carb?

Although it wasn't just a single carb on my RX-1, the issue I encountered after years of disassembling the carbs, cleaning/soaking the jets, and then re-sync'ing them was that I could no longer get all four mercury lines equal like I had previously been able to do. In this state, the RX-1 idled fine but ran like crap; especially at full throttle. I can't tell you how many times I had the carbs off but still could not sync all four carbs together. I honestly did not believe any of the jets needed to be replaced as I could see thru all orifices in the jets. I came to the conclusion that due to the age of the jets, they possibly tarnished up but not something noticeable to the naked eye. Since I hadn't replaced the needle and seats, when I did, I also replaced all of the jets, o-rings and such. Once I did all of this, the ole beast was back to its old form to the point I could now sync the carbs and get a consistent level across all four carbs and the issue of running rough when getting into the throttle was non-existent. Not saying you need to do all of this but just letting you know I had a similar issue and this was what resolved mime.

Although it wasn't just a single carb on my RX-1, the issue I encountered after years of disassembling the carbs, cleaning/soaking the jets, and then re-sync'ing them was that I could no longer get all four mercury lines equal like I had previously been able to do. In this state, the RX-1 idled fine but ran like crap; especially at full throttle. I can't tell you how many times I had the carbs off but still could not sync all four carbs together. I honestly did not believe any of the jets needed to be replaced as I could see thru all orifices in the jets. I came to the conclusion that due to the age of the jets, they possibly tarnished up but not something noticeable to the naked eye. Since I hadn't replaced the needle and seats, when I did, I also replaced all of the jets, o-rings and such. Once I did all of this, the ole beast was back to its old form to the point I could now sync the carbs and get a consistent level across all four carbs and the issue of running rough when getting into the throttle was non-existent. Not saying you need to do all of this but just letting you know I had a similar issue and this was what resolved mime.
Thanks for the information I actually have an extra set of carbs that I can pull the jets from and try them out. I'll give it a shot this weekend and follow up.

Thanks for the information I actually have an extra set of carbs that I can pull the jets from and try them out. I'll give it a shot this weekend and follow up.
No go on replacing all of the jets. I did use some carb cleaner on them while I had them off and got some in the slide diaphragms and watched them swell up. I swapped all of those with my spares and still no luck. Any other ideas?

Is the idle mixture screw on the one carb the same as the others? Meaning, when fully seated, are the idle mixture screws turned out the equal amount of turns?

Another user was troubleshooting an issue with their carbs and I posted some things to check as well.

Back