• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Polaris Axys

looks interesting. maybe a 4-stroke option

Attachments

• 705093.jpg
    705093.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 120

Pretty Clear that Polaris and Ski-doo are fighting to stay relevant. Someone needed to Challenge Doo.

Cat and Yamaha need to make some management changes.

SledFreak said:
Irv said:
Koke1 said:
Polaris had to do something big..the 800 two stroke class is what Polaris, Ski-doo, and Cat are all about and the rush 800 isn't even in the same zip code as the other two. I never liked the rush. I preferred the Indy or Assault with the normal tunnel and most riders including Polaris riders agree. Nothing has been able to touch Doos XP chasis in the handling department.

Seriously considering one for myself, either in the 1200 or 900 ACE variety?

Been reading some posts from RockerDan, who, as most know, was a die hard Yamaha guy for years, but has been loving his new Doo.

Personally, I was pretty disappointed when the 15's were released as I thought at least some upgrades/updates would have been done to the Vector's and Apex's, but no, nothing what so ever, not even upgrading the Vector's to the 128 inch skids/tracks.

I love my Vector, don't get me wrong, but I repeatedly hear excellent reviews from guys like Rockerdan, who's opinion I believe the most, on how good they are, especially the R-Motion skids.

In my opinion, if Yamaha was serious about being number 1 again, they would have at least come out with something new/upgraded with their owns sleds, rather than just bringing out more models in a older Cat chassis.

RockerDan was a ski-doo before the Yamaha as so was I. I have been on a doo 1200 for 3 years now. Its the best sled I have ever ridden and needs nothing. Look for an updated 1200 tomorrow or tonight. Best sled on the market is just getting better.

Looks like it just got new graphics...bit of a disappointment, I was hoping for updated body work. MSRP is better than the others but I can pick up a non current Viper for $11900, if I wheel and deal I should be able to get a 2015 for $12500....tough call but I love the 1050 triple and have heard so many positive reviews of the Viper it's just going to be a tough call

jtssrx said:
This new Polaris is Badazz!!!

Right! :Rockon:

Come on Yamaha...build us something cool! :o|

Just don't hire Doo's graphic designers for MY 15...Rotten Ronnie from Wack Arnolds. :drink:

I'm not too disappointed with Cat or Yamaha. They are both expanding their new joint venture. I am considering doing a spring order on a Pantera 7000. I was hoping for a bit more, but not too surprised we didn't get it.

Ski Doo is a huge disappointment. If they just came off of something huge, I could see doing just their front end tweak and new key, but they didn't. Leaving the XR 1200 unchanged for 8 years now is irresponsible. Charging significantly more for it than last year is just plain unacceptable.

The new Polaris looks real nice, but it is very hard to trust a Polaris 800 2 stroke. The fact that the new bottom end was designed for last year's IQR 600 inspires more nervousness than confidence. Honestly; I wonder if there wasn't some gentleman's agreement to not rain on Polaris' parade with their 60th anniversary.

timebomb said:
Put a Nytro motor in it and I would buy one. Pretty sweet I think. Looks like a simplified and refined rush.

you and me both...the nytro motor is just so rock solid...never a thought of a problem...build us the chassis yamaha!

**sj** said:
timebomb said:
Put a Nytro motor in it and I would buy one. Pretty sweet I think. Looks like a simplified and refined rush.

you and me both...the nytro motor is just so rock solid...never a thought of a problem...build us the chassis yamaha!

X3. And no yamacrap, 100% yamaha please!

fxnytroxtx said:
**sj** said:
timebomb said:

Don't hold your breath. I spoke with a coworker last night who has a buddy that works for Arctic Cat in Thief River Falls....he said he is currently working on the next generation yamacat.

shaddow44 said:
fxnytroxtx said:
**sj** said:
timebomb said:

Don't hold your breath. I spoke with a coworker last night who has a buddy that works for Arctic Cat in Thief River Falls....he said he is currently working on the next generation yamacat.

I believe it. I think Yamaha sleds as we know them are now a thing of the past, and when Yamaha said 5 new sleds in the next five years, this is what they meant, five new Yamacats.

Seriously has me leaning towards Doo like I mentioned above, just don't know when exactly I am going to pull the trigger?

What will happen to TY when Yammi falls. Or will we continue to buy Yamaha stickers, cause like Chris Ried said, it's up to you on which dealer you choose to support, the one around the corner or the one 5 min down the road. Seriously!!! Sell the same rebadged sleds as the"competion",leaving Yamahas future in the arms of its loyalist. Great business model. I would feel like a complete and utter idiot to support a company that chooses to fool its customers like this. So with three snowmobile manufacturers remaining, who will you support? Who is the best, innovative company out there? Polaris needs a motor company also, and I believe they are on borrowed time if they can't get it right. Good luck with the new 800. Atleast they are getting something new..................

Back