• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Polaris Axys

T-Bone

Expert
The teasing has started for the Poo fans with the NEW Polaris Axys on the Poo website and YouTube. Painful for us Yamaha fans to see another new sled from another manufacture. We get the Yamacat

Notice the vid flashes "38 lbs lighter"

Whoa, they WERE already light!

More power too. It's nice to see other manufactures moving forward with newly designed sleds. Not ready to go back to a two stroke, but maybe it will be a 4-stroke

38 pound weight loss on a Yamaha would be huge...on a Polaris? Monumental!

My buddy just blew his Rush up for the second time in 4000 miles....I hope Polaris has added reliability to their engine line up. It looks as if they have redesigned the rear suspension of the Rush....still not ground breaking

T-Bone said:
The teasing has started for the Poo fans with the NEW Polaris Axys on the Poo website and YouTube. Painful for us Yamaha fans to see another new sled from another manufacture. We get the Yamacat

Hurts doesn't it? The pro ride hasn't been out that long and already a new chassis. No new chassis for us since 07-08. Polaris is going on their 3rd since then. I am all done with the 2 strokes though.

Polaris had to do something big..the 800 two stroke class is what Polaris, Ski-doo, and Cat are all about and the rush 800 isn't even in the same zip code as the other two. I never liked the rush. I preferred the Indy or Assault with the normal tunnel and most riders including Polaris riders agree. Nothing has been able to touch Doos XP chasis in the handling department.

Koke1 said:
Polaris had to do something big..the 800 two stroke class is what Polaris, Ski-doo, and Cat are all about and the rush 800 isn't even in the same zip code as the other two. I never liked the rush. I preferred the Indy or Assault with the normal tunnel and most riders including Polaris riders agree. Nothing has been able to touch Doos XP chasis in the handling department.

Seriously considering one for myself, either in the 1200 or 900 ACE variety?

Been reading some posts from RockerDan, who, as most know, was a die hard Yamaha guy for years, but has been loving his new Doo.

Personally, I was pretty disappointed when the 15's were released as I thought at least some upgrades/updates would have been done to the Vector's and Apex's, but no, nothing what so ever, not even upgrading the Vector's to the 128 inch skids/tracks.

I love my Vector, don't get me wrong, but I repeatedly hear excellent reviews from guys like Rockerdan, who's opinion I believe the most, on how good they are, especially the R-Motion skids.

In my opinion, if Yamaha was serious about being number 1 again, they would have at least come out with something new/upgraded with their owns sleds, rather than just bringing out more models in a older Cat chassis.

Koke1 said:

WOW! :drink:

Koke1 said:

Yeah, this post is a bit off.
The Polaris 800 may not have a much HP as the doo or cat's 8, but the Polaris is quicker and faster in the am snow tests. And in reality too. The polaris 8 gives up nothing to the 800 etec, or Suzuki 800 when it comes to real world, not dyno runs.
Now add more power and less weight with Polaris' excellent chassis and power transmission and those other brands won't even be close any more.

While the r motion works well, the front suspension of the doo xp is far behind the handling of the pro ride front end.

Would be nice if Polaris were able to pull off producing a NA 4-stroke with 150 hp. That to me would be the ticket since anything in that hp range from Yamaha is still a few years out. Like the Attak, but want something new.

Irv said:
Koke1 said:

Seriously considering one for myself, either in the 1200 or 900 ACE variety?

Been reading some posts from RockerDan, who, as most know, was a die hard Yamaha guy for years, but has been loving his new Doo.

Personally, I was pretty disappointed when the 15's were released as I thought at least some upgrades/updates would have been done to the Vector's and Apex's, but no, nothing what so ever, not even upgrading the Vector's to the 128 inch skids/tracks.

I love my Vector, don't get me wrong, but I repeatedly hear excellent reviews from guys like Rockerdan, who's opinion I believe the most, on how good they are, especially the R-Motion skids.

In my opinion, if Yamaha was serious about being number 1 again, they would have at least come out with something new/upgraded with their owns sleds, rather than just bringing out more models in a older Cat chassis.

RockerDan was a ski-doo before the Yamaha as so was I. I have been on a doo 1200 for 3 years now. Its the best sled I have ever ridden and needs nothing. Look for an updated 1200 tomorrow or tonight. Best sled on the market is just getting better.

I wish Yamaha was into developing sleds.

Attachments

• 705092.jpg
    705092.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,071

Back