• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ported track

chuckr

Extreme
Has any one Ported there track on a RX-1 mountain
Thinking of doing this as it will be the last year on this track but I run a MPI stage 1 S/C do not want to rip it apart before I can replace it
want to do 2 down the center just to keep snow out of the skid

Have done it on a apex mtn.
SkiDoo has done it from the factory for the last couple years.They just stop doing it for this year.The ported tracks lose snow but don't highmark as high in their testing.

Ported tracks are not very good for crossing long streches of water. All those wholes makes it hard to stay on top.

sounds good

i have not crossed more water than a creek on the rx-1 if there alot of open water i ride the v-max, alot cheaper to rebuild the smoker if i do sink it

now the not climbing as high concerns me but it is a mavrick track off of an Apex so not sure it could be much worse but i think i might hold off for now anyway

The Maverick is a lightweight single ply track. I did run one staggered row of porting down the center section of my single ply powerclaw. I have ported 6 holes across on a Skidoo 159" x 16 i had on my Rx-1M. I did just two side by dise down the center on my Camo Extreme on my RX-1 also. If you do port, make sure you think about how the track is turning in the snow and only port behind the track paddles. You don't want to distrub the snow with a porting hole before the paddle has it's chance to have its way with the virgin snow. I suggest a staggered row on the center belt of the tradk only, behind each paddle.

Years ago I remember looking at posts of guys drilling out their tracks. Some guys swore by it and for a time it looked like the thing to do since the factory started porting tracks in the center. Now they stopped so I don't think it is a worthwhile mod. I don't care what anybody says, drilling holes in your track will reduce the strength.

Back