• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

possible belt/clutch problem

2lo4dsno

Extreme
Website
www.myspace.com
So i got my super light nytro stuck is some pretty deep. heavy snow the other day, and after digging it out, i could feel a " chattering" when i gave the machine any throttle.....luckily i was stuck in a snowbank in front of my nieghbors house, so i was close to home. i pulled the side cover and could smell burnt rubber, so i took off the belt, and cleaned the clutches, blew a TON of belt dust out of them. I took the sled back out last night, after letting it set for a few days....and it was better, but i still didnt feel right. Any suggestions ?

What condition is the belt in? It could be worn and maybe some cogs on the belt are cracked/missing. Replace that belt before it breaks...dangerous and expensive.

belt isnt cracked or missing cogs ( ive already had that happen). im wondering if the sides of the belt got to hot from slipping, and are now all coated in goo, and still slipping occasionally.

Back