• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Possibly more in store for Viper?

To date other than the guys who have been to the factory lately likely have only seen prototype vipers/7000. The welds have typically been ugly on the exhausts of the cat prototypes.

Visited the Sled show in Toronto this evening. They had a production LTX SE which the rep said they just got in today. All of the other vipers were prototypes. Fit and finish was notably improved over the prototypes. Of course I forgot to take any pictures but the side panels were off the machine. The muffler had a small protective heat blanket above it and down the side somewhat to protect the side panel. I have not seen or heard of anyone on the web mentioning that yet. Welds on the exhaust were miles above what I saw on the ZR7000 at the Cat booth. The Cat exhaust looked like a high school auto project.

Ontario it's funny you mention that. At the Grass Drags in NH, Yamaha had one of each SR Viper model on display. Cat had one 7000 and was doing nothing at all to point it out.

MA03RX1ER said:
Ontario it's funny you mention that. At the Grass Drags in NH, Yamaha had one of each SR Viper model on display. Cat had one 7000 and was doing nothing at all to point it out.
Thats cuz they want to hype the 6000 with thier first cat built 600cc motor. More profit from a 100% cat product....

Ontario_Viper said:
Visited the Sled show in Toronto this evening. They had a production LTX SE which the rep said they just got in today. All of the other vipers were prototypes. Fit and finish was notably improved over the prototypes. Of course I forgot to take any pictures but the side panels were off the machine. The muffler had a small protective heat blanket above it and down the side somewhat to protect the side panel. I have not seen or heard of anyone on the web mentioning that yet. Welds on the exhaust were miles above what I saw on the ZR7000 at the Cat booth. The Cat exhaust looked like a high school auto project.

Yes I noticed that as well, just did not think the heat wrap on the panels was something everyone wanted to hear but the sled is a big improvement from the protos for sure. I cannot wait for delivery.

Back