• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Power Commander V from Ulmer? Ignition module?

BryanK410

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2009 Apex MTX
Hey,
Wondering if anyone has a cold air intake installed and PCV from ulmer? Is it worth the money? Any noticable difference with/without the PCV? How about anyone who has one without a cold air intake? I emailed ulmer couple weeks back but no response. Also, what about the ignition module? Thanks. BTW its for 09 Apex MTX (one in my signiture).
Thanks!

I have a power commV with Allen's maps one for 87 oct and one for 91 oct. I have the IG mod as well. Maps are setup for exhaust and air box mod I have air box mod fog skin with cut air lid on top. I switch between the two maps between 87 and 91 gas I run 91 all the time but some areas I ride in may or may not have it "sold out". I've gained about three to 4 sled lengths against my test mule sled depending on hook up. I ride with him most of the year. I was always 1 length behind. I also installed his clutch kit at same time so not sure if it is a combination of both or one or the other. Sled dose run noticeable smoother. I never have but always wanted to toss the stock clutching back in. I have over 10k on sled and owned since new. Would I do this again yes but if I had the extra money today id probably head into Canada for a nice trip.

Thanks. I think I will go ahead and order the PC with the 91 octane tune. Not sure if the ignition mod is worth it with the level of upgrades I have, maybe money be better spent towards a set of headers?

Gearing clutching and traction with proper weight transfer is were to spend money you will gain more there but Allan's stuff does make more HP it depends on how much you want to spend.over the years I've spent a lot of money to race and win to beat I person you don't like now I laugh. At it

Back