• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Precision ski's? rx-1

fast1200gp

Extreme
Anyone out there try a set of ski-doo Precision ski's on the shorty rx-1,,i have a 04 and thinking of going to aftermarket ski's either simmons flex or the Precision ski,,,any thoughts or comments?

I posted a question asking how they like their precision ski's on a Doo site and 90% of the feedback was negative because of pushing in the corners.

I tried the precision skiis last year and I did not like them.Perhaps if I fiddled with the pivot location I might have been able to fix it.I just didn't like the steering effort.

I have them on my 03 RX1 shorty and my 04 Warrior and love them, they fix all the handling problems.
Steering effort is light and Precise, corners like it is on rails.
Does not dart at all.
Ski lift is reduced to almost nothing.
Ski Doo offers a direct bolt on kit for all brands.

Push through the corner on the gas is caused by too long a limiter strap adjustment and too much center shock preload.

Precision ski's ? RX-1

Ran a set on my 2003 shorty with excellent results. Limiters shortened, fixed rate springs and long links. The sled was on rails.
Have yet to install on my warrior but would expect the same results. I would expect a more push than a shorty but it will not be anything drastic and should be tuneable.

The Simmons are probable a better choice for cost reasons. Last year there was not much available other than Ski-doo and the cost was not cheap. Had a Doo buddy that hated them so I did not have to pay retail.

Just got back from a 600 mile trip on the RX-1 with the Simmons Flexi-Ski installed for the first time. Wow, what a difference! Yes, they do push a little in the corners, but not that much that it feels unsafe. I believe they helped with inside ski lift (see my new thread for more info).

I have nothing but good to say on teh Precisions. Handling and tracking is exactly why I got them. Haven't tried them out in the deep stuff yet, but they should definately have the advantage over teh stockers.

I installed the Precision skis this year and love them. The only push I have is when I want to do a circle from a stop. On the trails, they are awesome. I will say one thing, this sled needs a great deal of tuning to get it right, but once its right, what out. This thing rocks and rides like it is on rails.

Back