• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Precisions??

yamaslob

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Can somebody give me the link im comen upon a pair of precision skis i remember seeing a few guys put em on there rx1's thanks

-James

They are alot more aggresive than stock, i can actually turn!!!! But now i have to deal with darting, precisions dart BAD, not sure how to reduce the darting..

I put the precisions on my wifes new Vector before she even rode it. I agree that it does dart on icy rodes that those Quebecois plow with their wierd cutting edges, it makes the roads like corduroy, but on decent groomed trails the sled handles like a slot car with way less darting than the stock skis. I also put em on my RX-1 and love em on that as well.

Sorry bout misspelling ROADS. I bought both pairs of the precisions new and they came with a "kit" that enables anybody to adapt them to most any sled.

I have precisions on my 05 RS Venture. (11,435 miles)

Darting depends very much on snow conditions.

Shimming precision skis makes a big difference.

The shim makes the rear half of the carbides bite better, thus reducing darting.

If you don't shim precisions, you will ride on the front half of the carbides, and continue to have the same problem.

Hope this helps! ;)!

I put precision ski's on my 03 RX1 and it was night and day difference. only time I have darting is when I follow a Doo.

This is funny . I took the Precisions (Indecisions) off my Doo because they were dangerous. I was going to try the C&A Pro skis that worked miracles on the Rev,but since the Indecisions are just sitting here I will try them on the Vector.
A friends wife just got rid of her Vector as they never got it to stop darting without the steering being so heavy that she could not turn it.

Admittedly I ride only on trails, but now that I have shimmed my stock skis and loosened up my limiters my darting is no worse than it ever was on my Cats I owned before this sled. Steerring is not heavy, in fact it may be a little too light for most people's liking, but I kinda like it. Just let off the gas into a corner and the weight loads onto the skis, turn it, aim it where you want to go and squeeze while the skis lift about 4" off the snow for the next 400 feet and do it all over again...

skis

I have a set of black ones i used on an 05 rage. Made the sled on a groomed trail go strait as an arrow. It did turn harder in deep an wet heavy snow. Looking to get rid of them due to i bought an appex.

there black w/black hoop wore out ski-doo carbides on out side bergstrom 4" inchers on the inside probably 60% left I think.I put them on this winter and switched back and forth a couple of times.Make me an offer!

I tried something different on my last ride of the year. A few weeks ago tried two Poos,,Classic touring600 and XCsp600 and found the steering very light.When i looked at their ski's i noticed they had very short wear bars. I later found out it's something called easy steer.

So for my last ride,i got to thinking since i had a set of half worn of carbides lying around,why not ??? I cut the carbides about four inches in the front ,then in the back,basically all i left was the center carbides ,two mounting bolts,bent the tips so they would glide better. As you can see in the pic the wear bar is about 12 inches long

Gotta say i still had good bite in the corners, lighter steering,darting all but gone. I was riding with some revs, both precision and pilots, and both were complaining about the conditions, which were hard packed,probably the worst conditions for darting. i had next to no darting and lighter steering effort, which i know in those conditions would have been hard to
handle.

That got me to wonder,wouldn't older yamahas with the Banana skis :rofl: (for lack of better word) be better for a lighter steering effort since the tips and the back seem higher ???

Attachments

• easy steer.jpg
    easy steer.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 154

Back