• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Price Question

Website
www.shawwinkler.com
My buddy has run into some, shall I say difficulty, and he wants to sell his sled. He told me $4300. Its a 08 40th anniv. Vector GT with about 1800-2000 miles. It needs to be cleaned up (by my standards). The only aftermarket thing is 6" carbides. I like the sled to a point, but have more fun on my Phazer. Any ideas on a realistic cost. I don't want to take advantage of him, but....Thanks

I think that is a good deal. But an intresting part is Kelly Blue book has it's trade in value @ $4020 retail of $5840

buddhahead said:
My buddy has run into some, shall I say difficulty, and he wants to sell his sled. He told me $4300. Its a 08 40th anniv. Vector GT with about 1800-2000 miles. It needs to be cleaned up (by my standards). The only aftermarket thing is 6" carbides. I like the sled to a point, but have more fun on my Phazer. Any ideas on a realistic cost. I don't want to take advantage of him, but....Thanks

It's a steal and yea you would be taking advantage of him but if that is what he wants then?

On the Bold, depends on what exactly you mean, how bad/dirty is it?
Is the aluminum all chalky from road salt etc? If so and it hasn't been looked after at all then maybe that is a fair price?

Irv said:
buddhahead said:

It's a steal and yea you would be taking advantage of him but if that is what he wants then?

Is the aluminum all chalky from road salt etc? If so and it hasn't been looked after at all then maybe that is a fair price?

Aluminum needs to be cleaned, body waxed, etc. Maintenance wise (lube, oil, etc.) it's been done. I have the tunnel on my Phazer almost like a mirror, a-arms, body, etc. gets cleaned and waxed every spring-I don't really have a summer hobby, so I spend a lot of time polishing (or puttering as my buddy says)

buddhahead said:
Irv said:
buddhahead said:

Aluminum needs to be cleaned, body waxed, etc. Maintenance wise (lube, oil, etc.) it's been done. I have the tunnel on my Phazer almost like a mirror, a-arms, body, etc. gets cleaned and waxed every spring-I don't really have a summer hobby, so I spend a lot of time polishing (or puttering as my buddy says)

Haa, you sound something like me, but I tend to wash/wax during the season as well (heated garage)

Attachments

• HPIM1220 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM1220 (Medium).JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 85
  • HPIM1223 (Medium).JPG
    HPIM1223 (Medium).JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 70
I really like that 40th anniversary style sled. Its a collectors item right out of the crate. And yes I think its a great deal for an 2008 ...I got a great deal on my 2007 Vector rs....with 209 miles at $4400. .. weird thing is it seems to book for around that in nada.....These were $9000 +- new.....I also like to keep my sled cleaned and waxed!

I would think a little about what an 07 books for as we are nearing the end of the season and 2012's will be released soon. Sounds about fair to me with less than a month left?

Back