• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Primary Clutch Vibration

honda400ex2

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper XTX

While riding I have been getting this high pitch vibration sound from the primary clutch. Seems to start at 3500 rpms and then goes away after you get into higher rpms. I pulled the belt to confirm that it was not coming from other areas. I checked the rollers, seemed like no flat spots. There is some slight play on the rollers/ bushings about 28 thousand, but not sure what new typically is? Not sure if a rebuild would eliminate the noise. Any thoughts?
Sled is a 2014 viper XTX,
4650 miles

Put new slider buttons in it along with a spider shim, part number 8BW-17654-20-00

Put new slider buttons in it along with a spider shim, part number 8BW-17654-20-00
Thank you 74Nitro for the response.
Just so I am correct, the slider buttons are both part number 11 & 12? I can't find the spider shim part number 8BW-17654-20-00 on the picture, could you point it out what part.
Thank you

Inked1_LI.jpg

Yes, you may want #14 also. The shim isn't pictured. It's an adjustment part, and is still available. It would go under #11

Yes, you may want #14 also. The shim isn't pictured. It's an adjustment part, and is still available. It would go under #11
Ok #14 also. The shim would tighten it up a little more if loose, makes sense. Sounds great, thank you for the help.

Back