• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Purchasing Viper

Windsor Sledder

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 Yamaha vector ltx
Looking to upgrade my 2013 vector. Thinking a Viper. What is the difference between a 2014 and 2017. I want a 137 in. With coil springs on the front. Thanks

That's a loaded question there are so many viper models and all have been changed in different ways. The motor has also changed in 16 and if your thinking of turbo stay 14 or 15. There also has been at least 3 ecu flash upgrades in 5 years for idle, starting and other reasons.

I am looking at a couple of LTX SE . I like the seating height but not sure about no power steering. I have not had a chance to try one.

I am 57 and have 2 turbo'ed XTX's they are a handful but I would never add power steering. I have ridden many ltx's and only 1 that was set up poorly was a bit hard to turn. I have 144 picks on my trail sled with tuner II skis with 8" carbides inside and 6" out side and never have arm fatigue

I am 57 and have 2 turbo'ed XTX's they are a handful but I would never add power steering. I have ridden many ltx's and only 1 that was set up poorly was a bit hard to turn. I have 144 picks on my trail sled with tuner II skis with 8" carbides inside and 6" out side and never have arm fatigue
It is good to know that your arms do not get sore . I am afraid of that. Hopefully i get a chance to try one before end of winter. If not more than likely will buy one and play with suspension. Thanks

My brother has a 16 LTX SE and I can tell you this, it steers like it has power steering. So easy and effortless, glued to the trail like a slot car. That sled handles like a dream. Now with that said he does have some upgrades that make it what it is. Changed skis to curves with 6" bergstrom triple points and upgraded air shocks to QS3r's all the around. Shocks also improved ride quality and big bump capability 10 fold over the air shocks. I would find one that has either the QS3 (16's) came with these or some other year model LE's also had the QS3. I do know the 18 LTX LE 50th Viper came with QS3r's, both the QS3 and QS3r are hard to beat on this chassis. My sons 16 RTX SE came with QS3 from the factory, we changed to the cat ski with bergstrom triple points and it also handles with ease and glued to the trail.

My brother has a 16 LTX SE and I can tell you this, it steers like it has power steering. So easy and effortless, glued to the trail like a slot car. That sled handles like a dream. Now with that said he does have some upgrades that make it what it is. Changed skis to curves with 6" bergstrom triple points and upgraded air shocks to QS3r's all the around. Shocks also improved ride quality and big bump capability 10 fold over the air shocks. I would find one that has either the QS3 (16's) came with these or some other year model LE's also had the QS3. I do know the 18 LTX LE 50th Viper came with QS3r's, both the QS3 and QS3r are hard to beat on this chassis. My sons 16 RTX SE came with QS3 from the factory, we changed to the cat ski with bergstrom triple points and it also handles with ease and glued to the trail.
Great
Thanks for the info. So he went from coil overs to all air shocks . Interesting

Ah no...upgraded from the air shocks to QS3r's.

Back